What is your build Soundtrack?

Liam B

Soundtracks?! The “Baby Driver” (2017) soundtrack rips! Old classic Atlanta and Motown tracks and a great movie. Obviously the BTTF soundtrack is great too. I like listening to folk-style music when building. Stuff like Jim Croce and Jerry Reed, buuut also delve into punk. Specifically State Champs, New Found Glory, Simple Plan, Blink182, Green Day, Yellowcard, the list goes on. Oh and Metallica and Mötorhead :)

Quinnyperks

Legendary member
Soundtracks?! The “Baby Driver” (2017) soundtrack rips! Old classic Atlanta and Motown tracks and a great movie. Obviously the BTTF soundtrack is great too. I like listening to folk-style music when building. Stuff like Jim Croce and Jerry Reed, buuut also delve into punk. Specifically State Champs, New Found Glory, Simple Plan, Blink182, Green Day, Yellowcard, the list goes on. Oh and Metallica and Mötorhead :)
Blink 182 is good.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
My workshop soundtrack wanders all over the place, but recently I've been queuing up a lot of Leo's awesome metalized covers of songs:

Or just cool instrumental surfy stuff like Los Bitchos

And had a Serg Tankian evening a while ago (lead singer for System of a Down doing some great solo stuff)

And when nothing seems to go right, pulling out this one is great for stress relief and putting a smile back on! (you need to listen at least to the first chorus)

And there's always the excellent one linked in my signature below for a chuckle too!

OliverW

Legendary member
My workshop soundtrack wanders all over the place, but recently I've been queuing up a lot of Leo's awesome metalized covers of songs:

Or just cool instrumental surfy stuff like Los Bitchos

And had a Serg Tankian evening a while ago (lead singer for System of a Down doing some great solo stuff)

And when nothing seems to go right, pulling out this one is great for stress relief and putting a smile back on! (you need to listen at least to the first chorus)

And there's always the excellent one linked in my signature below for a chuckle too!
Lots of leos covers are great. I like his cover of sail, radioactive, and back in black the best

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
This his best one. That outro..

That outro reminds me of vintage Slayer like Show No Mercy days. Speaking of covers of great old stuff, here's a great cover of an old Danzig from 2 minutes to Late Night. I found them while being an unabashed fan of Gina Gleason.

And if you like Toto Africa covers, here is one on the opposite side of the spectrum that I found innovative and well done.

And yes, I just went from Slayer to Danzig to Christian choir music because I just like it all. :)

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
If you haven't heard this piece before, it's well worth your time, no matter what phase of life you may be in now.

Here's a little excerpt while the video loads....

Let no one say we will be undone by time's passing​
The memories we are amassing will stand as testament​
That somehow we bent minds around the concept​
That we see others within ourselves​
That self-knowledge can't be found on bookshelves​
So who we are has no bearing on how we appear​
Look directly into every mirror​
Realize our reflection is the first sentence to a story​
And our story starts:​

Tin Man

I listen to modern Christian metal when I make the plans for a scratch build, then I follow the build video.

speedbirdted

Legendary member
For the most part I just listen to audiobooks. But when I do listen to music it's weird stuff that nobody's ever heard of (because nobody else seems to want to listen to it :ROFLMAO:)