What kind of Nutball?

I never wanted to build a Nutball and yet I kept thinking about mods for it. I didn't want a big wobbly single sheet wing so kept imagining a smaller plane with a KF step not just for lift but rigidity. That's why my first build was the FTDelta. Then I built some SPONZ plans ( Bloody Wonder MKII, Baby Baron ) and saw just how much sturdier the double sheet fuselages were. Well I had some DTFB laying around so I just made a mini Nutball (75%) with my own mods: KF step, more wing/less wingtip, less dihedral, no rudder, delta style elevons, "air dams", upside down power pod, custom LG, and a SPONZ Baby Baron fuselage. So my weekend turned into this:

image.jpg

Last edited:
Here are some more pics of the build:

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Top and bottom are as different as night and day...
image.jpg
image.jpg
And of course some optional landing gear...
image.jpg

Yaroslaw

Bump. I wanna see it fly! I love my trusty nutball, 75%, elevon and kf version would be very interesting. Elevon is real question, though.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
That is pretty cool! Nice work on the mods. I love how people are using that fuselage design on different models. I can tell you that elevons on a the FT Snowball are a riot. They work like a charm and made the Snowball way more fun to fly (and it was already fun to fly before the mod).