What scratch built planes can i use a Turnigy 2826 1400 kv motor on. (noob alert)

DRONE JONES

I'm new to the hobby but I'm getting in a couple of the 2826 1400 iv motors in. What FT scratch built planes will this work on. I have 5 delta wings built alreadyl looking for something else to try out. Thanks for any help.

Croc

Motor details:
Turnigy D2826-6 1400 kv Outrunner Motor
Specs:
Rpm/V: 1400kv
Shaft: 3.17mm
Voltage: 2S~3S (7.4v to 11.1v)
Weight: 50g
Watts: 205w
Max Current: 21A
ESC: 40A
Suggested Prop: 7x4(3S) ~ 9x4.7 (2S)
Mounting Hole Bolt Circle: 16mm or 19mm
and about 14 pounds worth of dollars or rands:rolleyes:

The sky is the limit really, it all depends on what you are wanting to do with the plane...
I have not built a delta yet, but i am experimenting with Trainers... anything dihedral, with self righting properties, as i am also new to the flying hobby.
Now with the motor specs , keep your weight down to fit the motor thrust power and built whatever you feel like.
Try a scratch built as well, it's just foam right...
If u stick to what your motor can do, its all down to your personal choice and check out the flite test recommendations.
Lets me know on what you decided, i ordered 1 motor and 40 amp esc ..
cheers
Johan

Jaxx

Posted a thousand or more times
I have that motor on my Spitfire, Mustang and Duster. It's an excellent choice. I plan to use it on my FT 22, FT Racer, Bloody Wonder and Bloody Wonder MkIII. I will also be trying it on a Versa Wing. Currently I'm using the 2200Kv version of that motor for the Versa.