Which FT Plane is the Most Fun?

Paracodespoder

Elite member
ya, you cant fly on an F-pack and a 12A in the arrow. you get about 1 lap and it's overheated. if you use the 1806 it works fine but you really sacrifice some speed. my next arrow will be FPV with an 2206-2700kv, 30A esc, a 5x4x3 prop, and 4S hopefully. have everything cut out and 3D printed, just haven't made it to it yet. promises to be fun though... :devilish:

laters,

me :cool:
Every time I build a pusher with the f-pack the esc overheats and slows the motor WAY down. Tractor setups are fine though, I’m guessing it’s due to the pusher prop setup pulling to many amps. By the way, I want to see that in video form, that sounds like an extremely overpowered setup:p

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
I love the FT Edge (aerobatics nerd here, see my profile picture) for hardcore acro, but for all around fun the Bushwacker is a blast. It can do STOL, acro, 3D and anything in between. It's not too hard to build and it's pretty durable.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
I'm now going to add the FT Mini Arrow to my favourite planes list. The only downside to this plane is the fuse in the middle is so narrow it limits the batteries that can be fitted.
Easy launch, super stable flight and a smile on another clean landing!

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
my vote is for the arrow. simple build, tough as nails, can whack it in half, glue back together and still fly. its fast, very agile, and just makes me smile when i fly it. i will be building another soon (prob my 7th?) and adding FPV and can't wait.

just my $.02,

me :cool:

Not going to weigh in on "best" plane, but the Arrow IS awesome and fun. And if you are at least an intermediate flyer, it can make you feel brave and willing to try things.

The Goblin also, but I think that it might be a little hotter.

MarioGdV

A few weeks ago I bought a second-handed FT Baby Blender for only 25€. It's a Scratch Build and the wings are a bit longer. That makes the plane a heavier, and also the foamboard used (it's heavier than the Dollartree one). However, it flies great! A bit slow but you can do rolls with it. I can fly up to 10 minutes, which is my record.

I also have a FT Sportster (Scratch Build too), and I love it. I think I can get more than 10 minutes with it, but I usually fly around 7 minutes since I feel a bit afraid when I fly it. It's my favourite one and I'm scared of crashing it.

I'll throw my vote in for the Bloody Baron. Kind of the SUV, 4x4, sportscar, battlewagon, clowncar, B2 bomber, cargo plane of the foam plane world. It can be any of those with a 2830 4s motor and an 8x6 prop. Be and a couple buddies try to keep one ready for anything. Fun in the wind, fun to race, dog fighting to the death is a blast, and add a spare servo and it can haul quite a bit up to drop it. After enough glue and tape on the wounds it becomes funny that it still flies.

We also get a huge kick out of the speedwing that was released as part of the 100mph challenge. Very quick to build flies great and a simple "lets see who can fly closest to the ground wide open" kind of goof off plane. Build it with a 2805 2800kv motor and a 4.75x4.75 prop. Not a 100mph speed demon but fast enough and yet still kinda floaty with the power off.

https://www.flitetest.com/articles/ft-speed-wing-build

Morgan

Mine is a 24 in bloody baron with a twin F pack. Insane speed, mild 3d ( with differential thrust) and yet slows down reasonable well.

Paracodespoder

Elite member
Mine is a 24 in bloody baron with a twin F pack. Insane speed, mild 3d ( with differential thrust) and yet slows down reasonable well.
So basically a super bee right? I might change up my next super bee with a @nerdnic style speed wing, he has plans for it so why not? And a fuselage cover to help the aerodynamics, oh, and I need to get a 4s, 3s isn’t fast enough ;).

Mikes

I just built the Bushwacker. Its a ton of fun! It's slow but not sluggish. You can do so much crazy stuff with it. if you dial down the rates it's quite gentle but when dialed up its super fun and snappy. :)