Willy Nillies Q-Tee Build

speedbirdted

Legendary member
So, it flew. I guess that's good right?

0128211134a (1).jpg

That's not an edited picture. The thing really lights up when the sun hits it just right. I wish I could use transparent film on all my builds...

The skis are a hoot. Takeoffs and landings are a little tricky; but they're similar to float behavior. Land too fast or take off too hurriedly, and you get punished. At least with a nice cushion of snow on the ground, any low-altitude goofups result in no harm. I increased my elevator up-travel a bit and it helped a lot with flairing to get it slowed down on landing. A gentle headwind helps a bit too. Canned air is a must have because you really want to get the snow out of the shocks before it turns to water and raises hell. Trying to blow it out manually will make you pass out. :ROFLMAO: If I could change anything it would be to add a little rib running down the center of the skis on the outside, so they track straight better. Ground looping is not nearly as much of an issue with the skis as it is with the wheels, but one has to be fast with the rudder or it'll still spin around on you.

Have a video too...