• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

X-lite with irx4 lite

#1
Hello people,

I just bought a frsky x-lite with an irx4 lite module. I am going to use it for a new drone with XM+ receiver.
However is also have some DSMX (inductrix fpv and betaflight based selfbuild) quads.

However it seems the channel mapping is wrong. Throttle in on aileron, etc. I have changed the channel mapping, however this seems to do nothing.
How can i setup the right channel mapping? Help much appreciated.

I have checked betaflight for the self build, also changing the channel mapping in betaflight does not solve the issue.


Regards,
Martin
 

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
#2
I have the MPM module in my xlite and ran into the same problem you're experiencing. The solution was in the xlite the mixes should be setup with the channel order AETR - the firmware in the MPM module changed the signal to TAER when I was DMSX'ing. Hopefully the same thing will fix the irx4 module problem.
 

pressalltheknobs

Posted a thousand or more times
#3
yeah ...by default the multi-protocol firmware lets the TX stay the same across all protocols and re-orders the 4 standard channel as appropriate for that protocol. The "Frsky" version of that firmware assumes the TX will use AETR. It does other clever things like reduce the limits etc. These things are optional and you can re-build the multi-protocol firmware without them if you like.
 
#4
I have the MPM module in my xlite and ran into the same problem you're experiencing. The solution was in the xlite the mixes should be setup with the channel order AETR - the firmware in the MPM module changed the signal to TAER when I was DMSX'ing. Hopefully the same thing will fix the irx4 module problem.
Thank you. Will try it.
I almost gave up on the x-lite with dsmx. The controller seems too be a huge step up from the dxe
 
Last edited:
#5
I have the MPM module in my xlite and ran into the same problem you're experiencing. The solution was in the xlite the mixes should be setup with the channel order AETR - the firmware in the MPM module changed the signal to TAER when I was DMSX'ing. Hopefully the same thing will fix the irx4 module problem.

This did the trick. The transmitter has a pretty steep learning curve. I am finally getting the grips with it.
Starting to love it now.
Thank you for the help.