• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Help! x7Q and S6R (on explorer) - elevator and rudder sticks/channels move servos differently

Hi, I might have a stupid question. I built my first flite test plane - explorer and I put my Frsky S6R reciever in there (i am using Taranis x7q). When I put any servo into the channel used for the elevator and I move the stick up and down (mod 2), the servo goes only like 45 degrees each way. When I put the same servo into the channel used for the rudder and i move the stick sideways the servo moves much further. I tried to play with servo endpoints (travel adjustment), but the servo wont move any further. My elevator does not go up and down enough. I checked and its not a mechanical problem on my plane as when i us the elevator with my rudder stick, the rudder moves much further. Also my stick goes up and down the whole way so I think its not an issue with the x7q hardware.

Any suggestions? Is it a firmware thing? Can you perhaps direct me to a similar thread? Thanks a lot.

Try calibrating the sticks. It’s in the radio menu, couple of pages in.
Thanks for the reply. Thats the first thing I tried. The wierd thing is the difference between the range of the servo angle whe I use the elevator and the rudder stick.

inputs page in the qx7 ??? all out puts at 100 = same output on servo !!
mixes page same thing ...!!
Thanks, but I did that as well and checked many times. I also extended the limits of the servos, but it didnt do anything. I also tried a different servo but when I us the elevator stick it just does not move far enough. I am sure the answer will be so simple but I cant find it.

FDS

Have you checked the mechanical movement of the Gimbal? Look inside from the back and see if it moves the same on both axis. It could be a damaged/faulty gimbal too. If settings isnt the problem that only leaves a mechanical issue, since you have tested the mechanical servo linkage then the TX is the only alternate source of a mechanical input limiting the travel. You could swap the modes over so the sticks were different as well, that would allow you to test the gimbal without physically removing it?

Have you checked the mechanical movement of the Gimbal? Look inside from the back and see if it moves the same on both axis. It could be a damaged/faulty gimbal too. If settings isnt the problem that only leaves a mechanical issue, since you have tested the mechanical servo linkage then the TX is the only alternate source of a mechanical input limiting the travel. You could swap the modes over so the sticks were different as well, that would allow you to test the gimbal without physically removing it?
I´ve looked inside and everything looked ok to me. But I have not tried the tests suggested by you. I´ll try to switch the mods and see what happens. Thanks a lot guys.

FDS

The gimbal shouldn’t have died in a month. Possible but unlikely. Does it happen on other models?
Have you tried making a whole new model from scratch again? You might have done something minor in setup that will be a pig to find.

The gimbal shouldn’t have died in a month. Possible but unlikely. Does it happen on other models?
Have you tried making a whole new model from scratch again? You might have done something minor in setup that will be a pig to find.
I will try that. Thanks.