YAK54 EPP 3D Profile KIT (35.4in)

KKArioKA

Epoxi Flyer
my model weights 620g; for 3D i was thinking on 1Kg of thrust at least.

planning to fly it on the weekend, will try to catch it on camera. Im having some really busy days at work and i also work at weekends so my flying time decreased alot .....

Last edited:

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
my model weights 620g; for 3D i was thinking on 1Kg of thrust at least.

planning to fly it on the weekend, will try to catch it on camera. Im having some really busy days at work and i also work at weekends so my flying time decreased alot .....

Every little bit of thrust past it's weight is going to be huge. I think you could get around 800 and pull out of a hover with ease.

I know what you mean, I'm building up and repairing my nitros to be ready when the snow melts.

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
You can either increase aileron throw to counteract it, or change your prop. A smaller diameter prop will produce less torque roll usually. You will have to compensate by adding pitch. Problem is that when you start changing props, it's going to reduce one problem but will compromise it in other ways. Your performance will change. You might be better off just learning to handle to existing torque roll. Just a thought.

KKArioKA

Epoxi Flyer
hey guys ... after some flying on my shockflyer diablo, i went for this plane again .... much better with some more fiddling with the radio.

upgraded the motor to this KDA 22-15 with a turnigy PLUSH 30A

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=2105&aff=583764

it comes with ALOT OF ACESSORIES !!

kda2215 1.jpg kda 2215 2.jpg

also used a 10x5 APC style

and this battery:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=18207&aff=583764

settings on the Radio:

flight mode 1 D/R:100 Expo:50
flight mode 2 D/R:50 Expo:30
on all control surfaces

Now its flying very nicely ... video worthy ... will try to catch it on camera soon !!!

Had to paint some red stripes on the bottom of the plane,hes so pretty on the ground but in the air his colors are confusing

Last edited:

maddin90

Hello Erveryone,

I have the very same Yak. First, I wanted to shout out that it is the best Plane I ever had! I would recommend it for everyone who want's to get into 3D flying or already had a plane that got beaten up on the first couple attempts (like mine).

My Settup

2212 1400kv Motor
9x5 GWS Prop with prop-saver (I would definitely mount a prop-saver!)
850 mAh 25C 3S to 1300 mAh 20C 3S
20A ESC
About 500 gram

It pulls about 22A on that setup and the flitetime is about 6-10 mins, depending on the Lipo your using. I didn't measure the thrust, but it is more than enough. While hovering you'll need about one half to three fifths of throttle and there is plenty of power to climb vertical after a nice hovering action.

I tested a 850 mAh, 1000 mAh and a 1300 mAh Lipo. The sweet-spot is probably the 1000, because the plane balances out very good and it doesn't add to much wight. With the 850 mAh it is a little bit tail heavy and with the 1300 mAh it is a little bit heavier and therefor not as slowly to fly...
I'm very satisfied with the setup and would recommend it to everyone! I think it is just the best balance between Power and wight!

Hope I could help you,

good luck

Martin