084 MultiRC's Mark Lehman and the HMB 235

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
Thanks to Crash Recovery, I've had one of these frames for 6 days now. It has crashed into all the obstructions that I normally fly in and amongst. The frame has held up well and protected the other components splendidly. For all the impacts I have had, I am only down a few props. Some of the crashes have been hard enough to break solder joints, and still no damage to anything except props. The HMB 235 handles abuse well.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
It would be interesting if someone can test to see if it will be permanently warped if say it was left in a hot car on it's side. I'm thinking probably not...the bottom plate is pretty thick, probably wouldn't do too much.

Warp? Maybe. Permanent? Not at all.

If it ever did get soft in a hot car and sag (under the weight of a motor, for instance), you can bend it right back. The material does flex under force and will hold a bend forced into it.

I've had my V-tail with HDPE booms sit in the back of a hot car in Georgia and Florida summer heat and it's held up just fine. The arms have warped on occasion (due to heat? The last crash? never thought about it) , but you bend it back in line and you're good to go.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
I'd really love to get one to start with FPV, but then there's the Versaqwopter coming out soon too and I still have to finish my Twitchity Quad. Hopefully I can finish some of the real life work projects soon so I have at least a few days of flying before winter left.

Also I can't find the DAL props here in Europe for now. Which kind of is part of the HMB experience I guess.

GM_Skidjit

The HMB is on my short list of next to build. Frame seems pretty solid from all accounts and the company seems to have it's priorities straight.