1:6 Sopwith Tabloid - FF 2022 WWI Dawn Patrol Challenge

FlyingTyger

Elite member
I don't think I will make it to Flite Fest this year, but the WWI challenge sounded like too much fun to pass up. So my entry will be a 1/6 scale Sopwith Tabloid.

tabloid3.jpg

tabloid2.jpg

tabloid-3v (2).jpg

cyclone3350

Master member
When it comes to Sopwith, the Pup is my go to favorite. I forgot about this one. Too cool! Please do it!

Tench745

Master member
I much prefer the more obscure subjects. The Tabloid has been on my list for quite awhile. This will satisfy for now, but I still want to do a bigger one someday...
If you like obscure, the Sopwith Dolphin is a pretty unknown and unique bird too.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
I don't think I will make it to Flite Fest this year, but the WWI challenge sounded like too much fun to pass up. So my entry will be a 1/6 scale Sopwith Tabloid.

Tony if you change your mind and decide to go to Flite Fest let me know. Looking forward to seeing the Tabloid build!

FlyingTyger

Elite member
Tony if you change your mind and decide to go to Flite Fest let me know. Looking forward to seeing the Tabloid build!

I will definitely let you know. I'd really like to go, but my wife already gave me "the look" when I brought up the idea of going away for several days. But I've got a few months to plead my case. 😎

FlyingTyger

Elite member
Anyone know of the Vickers C.O.W. Gunfighter Type 161? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Hadn't seen that one either, but it makes me think of the Spad A.2.

26249512717_530d440fa7_b.jpg

But anyway, I should be able to get working on the Tabloid drawings soon. I will post an update as soon as I get pen to paper (or whatever the CAD equivalent is).

FlyingTyger

Elite member
Any updates?

Not yet :(
Still playing with the drawings, but my focus has been on wrapping up some previous projects for this flying season.
But since I am not going to make it to FF this year, I am considering changing the scope of this project for another upcoming event. Should have that decision made for sure soon.