1:9 Scale Bristol M1C - The HangarRC 2022 Build off Challenge

Spitfire76

Voting now open! https://forms.gle/UY5pEGizNDYJH8PC9
Must have a Google account to vote.
One vote per account.
Voting ends June 10th 2022.

Vote-Now.jpg

Spitfire76

M1 gets some new tail feathers as elevator was a little damaged but not in flight but while placing it in my car. It's last minute repair before entering it for our club's warbird event which starts tomorrow. I'm a first time pilot in one of these events.

IMG_3329.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3330.JPG
    IMG_3330.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 0

Spitfire76

Spectator's choice line up at the Warbird event. The M1 is in the foreground looking a bit small compared with some of the other planes but seemed to get attention from kids as they thought it was "cute" :)

IMG_3333.JPG

Spitfire76

Well the winners of this challenge were announced today (July, 4 2022) and I feel honored to have won in the pro category with 80% of the votes!.

Build_off_Challage_Vote_Count.png

Thank you all that followed this thread for your support.

Last edited:

Spitfire76

One thing I would like to do to improve this plane is to have the battery mounted vertically and up front as much as possible as this should reduce the amount of ballast needed to ballast it.

Last edited:

The Fopster

Master member
One thing I would like to do to improve this plane is to have the battery mounted vertically and up from as much as possible as this should reduce the amount of ballast needed to ballast it.
My (not quite finished) Sopwith Pup has the battery mounted vertically on the back of the firewall. Makes a difference. Not sure who I stole the idea from - possibly Josh Orchard? Anyway - on a plane like this it’s a good idea!