1m Beech Staggerwing D17S

aelflyer

Sorry for the many-month lag. I haven't been watching this thread, and my shop is currently torn apart (half rebuilt Staggerwing hangs sadly on the wall).

The PDF plans are out of date. We have a new version of the plans that are more (but not completely) up to date. Fadi's hard drive crashed, and we may have lost the newer plans. I'll reach out and see if we can get an updated version of the plans posted.

miraspen, PM me. I'll try to help. I can at least give you a version of the plans that is closer to the final.

Last edited:

miraspen

Your all good, winter hits us all lol... I would like to see the new plans for sure, but I was able to get it finished. U used FB for the cowl instead of poster board, so mines a little bit off. I also didnt use flaps just ailerons. i ran a (eurgle) 3517 850kv spinning a 11x7. It is a good flying plane. very scale. I went with non-retractable LG to keep it simple. I love the size of this plane. Just an FYI...I ran into problems with getting the cowling to look right-finding COG-and where exactly to glue the top wing. besides this, its a pretty good build and worth it for sure!

miraspen

2018_0110_060805_001.JPG
2018_0110_060811_002.JPG

Missed the landing, but it was a good one lol. I was too excited to fly it when i started, i never even finished painting it. slapped on the first coat of red and off we went lol. I planned on sanding/rounding the front edge of the cowl but didnt get to that either. Perfect size and flies great man! This one is staying in my hanger for awhile!