2019 Fantasy Aircraft Design & Build Challenge!

JTarmstr

Elite member
that's not a plane, that's just two empty 'alves of coconuts, and you're just bangin' 'em together... with engines and a people pimple!

Not sure I get the joke. And actually I might build this, it seems like it would just be a flying wing, my other design seems to be going a different direction (pusher, FT Alpha style). and I have an extra EDF.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Im a little confused are these aircraft that have never flown at all or flown but failed aircraft aswell.. I wouldnt mind doing the xh-84h if thats the case.. I also feel like this whole thread could be minimized to lockheed designs and still have enough to go around :p.

In the spirit of the competition let's say "never had a succesfull takeoff and landing" for full points on that part of the scoring. If it only flew once or twice then maybe half points on that part, and if it made it further into testing or multiple copies were built for testing then no points in that section.

Not sure I get the joke.
I think he's referencing the Monty Python skit where instead of riding horses the knights walked and pretended to have horses while their squires followed along behind them banging coconuts together to make horsey sounds. :p

JTarmstr

Elite member
I think he's referencing the Monty Python skit where instead of riding horses the knights walked and pretended to have horses while their squires followed along behind them banging coconuts together to make horsey sounds. :p

Ohh lol. Well if I crash I can say 'tis only a flesh wound.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Exactly. It really looks like a clam top and bottom stuck together. The skit comes to mind. Thanks @rockyboy.

As always, I'm gonna want to build everything in this thread. I better build a number of plane racks.

Michael9865

Elite member
Jpot1 & Michael763

Hughes Lockheed Firebrand from Crimson Skies

https://forum.flitetest.com/index.p...heed-firebrand-by-jpot1-and-michael763.55834/

Hughes Lockheed Firebrand 3.jpg

Hughes Lockheed Firebrand 2.jpg

Hughes Lockheed Firebrand 1.jpg

Last edited:

Keno

Hey rockyboy, entry number two for JT. Lockheed X-44 Manta, build thread will be TBD.

X-44A_MANTA_multi_axis_no_tail_aircraft.jpg
[/QUOTE,

It can fly but it might need a small fin on the bottom for additional stability. Think of it as a dart thus the nose has to be to be heavier than the tail. IT WILL FLY. Happy flying

JTarmstr

Elite member
It can fly but it might need a small fin on the bottom for additional stability. Think of it as a dart thus the nose has to be to be heavier than the tail. IT WILL FLY. Happy flying

Thanks, I was thinking the same thing except I was going to try it without the fin and add one if it needs it. it should fly and I am hoping it will be a simple build wing+nose

Fallegon

Alright ima lock this bad boy in.. ME 262 HGIII
a6bb6b4a7690d3f77054a658ea139b61.jpg

Has anyone made the wonder woman joke yet cause if not Ill do that plane.. its actually already done.. Works rly well... looks rly good... heres a pic of it flying.
20171220_072503.jpg

Horseman3381

Don Karnage's Tri-Plane Update:

I posted a video of some test flights I made with the plane to the build page HERE.

I'm not sure it is proof that it fly, or just capable of leaving the ground and flailing around in the air. Either way with lessons learned construction on version 2 will start in the coming weeks.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Don Karnage's Tri-Plane Update:

I posted a video of some test flights I made with the plane to the build page HERE.

I'm not sure it is proof that it fly, or just capable of leaving the ground and flailing around in the air. Either way with lessons learned construction on version 2 will start in the coming weeks.

Congrats on the progress!

I think that counts as flight... barely controlled flight, but still flight :p

Looking forward to v2 :D