2021 mini scout challenge!

image.jpg
I finally hobbled my Scout together today, but when I turned my back, it ate my batch of brownies... its hefty. With no electronics, it was heavier than most of the completed Scouts. I couldn't manage to get a scale to weigh it with (I don't know why I didn't think about getting a scale in the first place), but I can tell you that since I am not a very experienced or good builder, I couldn't manage to use any weight saving measures, so I am sure that I am not going to take a winning position. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get any flight time with it either today.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
not sure what to say to that. How do you get electronics all the way over there?
to tell the truth i am not sure i will...
we orederd electronics from aliexpress and banggood.... umm,,, december the 24th....
now they still haven't arrived... in 2 more days i can request a refund... if i want...
but that may be shooting myself in the foot, if they get them returned, then i have to reorder.. anyone here ever requested a refund and still had the electronics delivered?)

Intashu

Elite member
we orederd electronics from aliexpress and banggood.... umm,,, december the 24th....
now they still haven't arrived... in 2 more days i can request a refund... if i want...
but that may be shooting myself in the foot, if they get them returned, then i have to reorder.. anyone here ever requested a refund and still had the electronics delivered?)

I avoid aliexpress whenever I can, they've been TERRIBLE at delivery of most stuff I've ordered from them. Sellers either never communicate, or bend over backwards to do the minimum to prevent you from requesting refund (I had a order of receivers from them that took 3 months to arrive once.)

Every time I've requested a refund after the expired time, the item never did end up arriving. if they're that delayed typically it means they got lost in transit or fell off a boat somewhere. I got to think they use the worst options for getting things imported (throw it in a shipping container with bulk packages so it is sorted slowly and low-priority) most of what I ordered arrived smooshed, beaten, battered, and oddly enough.. seriously taped up (probably to protect from water damage?)

Either way, there's a good chance if you request the refund the item may never arrive if it's already that late... but if it does.. Aliexpress as a site often does honor their refund policy... the seller may request a extention on shipping however which will delay the process.

Good luck either way! sorry to hear!

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
I avoid aliexpress whenever I can, they've been TERRIBLE at delivery of most stuff I've ordered from them. Sellers either never communicate, or bend over backwards to do the minimum to prevent you from requesting refund (I had a order of receivers from them that took 3 months to arrive once.)

Every time I've requested a refund after the expired time, the item never did end up arriving. if they're that delayed typically it means they got lost in transit or fell off a boat somewhere. I got to think they use the worst options for getting things imported (throw it in a shipping container with bulk packages so it is sorted slowly and low-priority) most of what I ordered arrived smooshed, beaten, battered, and oddly enough.. seriously taped up (probably to protect from water damage?)

Either way, there's a good chance if you request the refund the item may never arrive if it's already that late... but if it does.. Aliexpress as a site often does honor their refund policy... the seller may request a extention on shipping however which will delay the process.

Good luck either way! sorry to hear!
yea well i know that they are sitting at customs... that is a relief i hope

Samh

Elite member
Yes:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I bought a engine part of Amazon and it ended up coming from China. We waited 3 months and never heard anything, so then we requested and received the refund. And no joke the part showed up in our mail box the next day