• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

808 Keychain Camera

First post! Just starting the RC Plane hobby with previous quad-copter experience with the Hubsan H107L. I got a Keychain Camera from China through Amazon to test out once I can keep my plane in the air for more than 10 seconds. Its the swap-able nutball scratchbuilt.

Anyone had success with this on the nutball?

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
The 808 is pretty light, but I would probably save it for a larger plane... the nutball tends to fly with a high alpha, so you really won't see much other than the sky... The Nutball is a pretty hard plane to fly for a beginner, so I think you might enjoy the FT Flyer a bit more, and you can use the existing powerpod you have for the nutball with that. If you put a camera on a plane, just make sure it's well secured or you might need to go hunting for the camera or the sdcard that might eject on a harder landing. I use velcro straps and tape over the SDCard slot.

PHugger

Church Meal Expert
Even if the Nutball could handle the weight, the resulting video would likely make you sea sick!
They named it the NuBall for a reason..... (c8
I second the FT Flyer.

Best regards,
PCH

OK! Since I already made it I am going to at least try to fly the nutball but I will consider the FT Flyer. Any recommendations for a trainer from the Mighty Minis series? I don't have much space for flying. Thanks for the info!