A horrid vision popped into my head this morning

KKArioKA

Epoxi Flyer
in my point of view the bigger the motor shaft, more likely you will bend it on a crash, and we dont like bent motor shafts on our multirotors.

andre your design is very nice ... take a closer look on the TBS, remember to design a shelf in the front of the quad for the gopro and the flight camera.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
in my point of view the bigger the motor shaft, more likely you will bend it on a crash, and we dont like bent motor shafts on our multirotors.

andre your design is very nice ... take a closer look on the TBS, remember to design a shelf in the front of the quad for the gopro and the flight camera.

The ultra-long shafts on the DT750's can be cut down as needed. I like prop adapters, but I can't afford these motors unless there's a guarantee that they will never break or fail or get vibrations. In other words, cheapskate me.

I want to add a tilt gimbal for a GoPro, but I got stuck on that as I don't have the measurements of the GoPro 3 with the casing. I'm not going to fly a GoPro without the case! But I do need tilt capablity for the purpose of the quad.

Does anyone know anything about counter-rotating prop adapters? So I don't lose props in midair...

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Great to hear! But if you don't mind me asking, what makes these motors better than the DT750? And are those arms stronger?

The motors I linked to are great in several aspects. The cabling is long so no extensions are required for most arm lengths. The prop adapter bolts on (much like the HobbyKing Prop Drive series) so there is no shaft to bend. They are low speed motors with very good bearings and tight tolerances.

The arms are not stronger but rather longer by 5 inches each allowing smoother flight (the closer together the motors are in a multi the more twitchy it is in flight) and bigger props. This is better for FPV and AP.

The solution for no counter rotating prop adapters is cheap and simple. Nylon insert Lock Nuts. They will not loosen in flight EVER! Most hardware stores have them.

Thurmond

Last edited:

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
The motors I linked to are great in several aspects. The cabling is long so no extensions are required for most arm lengths. The prop adapter bolts on (much like the HobbyKing Prop Drive series) so there is no shaft to bend. They are low speed motors with very good bearings and tight tolerances.

The arms are not stronger but rather longer by 5 inches each allowing smoother flight (the closer together the motors are in a multi the more twitchy it is in flight) and bigger props. This is better for FPV and AP.

The solution for no counter rotating prop adapters is cheap and simple. Nylon insert Lock Nuts. They will not loosen in flight EVER! Most hardware stores have them.

Thurmond

Thanks! I understand what you say. I have considered most of these aspects, and these are my thoughts:

-I solder the bullets close to the motor, so no need for longer cables. I epoxy the root of the cables for durability.
-DT750's are quite low Kv (750).
-DT750's have quite noisy bearings, but they are really strong and efficient. Never heated up on me.
-DT750's mount is not the best. Neither is the long shaft. I agree with you on non-shaft motors being smarter.

-I could have built an H-quad :) but I decided going for shorter arms for compactness and portability.
-Short arms can get me to some interesting places for FPV!
-Props will be 10x4.5 or 10x4.7 or 11x4.5 if I can fit them (I'll check that later)

Thanks for the nylon nut tip, I'll pick up some 4mm ones from HK when I order.

PaulT

Mentor
All this talk about the dark side this, the dark side that.....
Who knew??
image.jpg

It was the Dark Knight all along !
image.jpg

I am BATMAN !!!!

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Works for me. So, when are you coming to PA? I could use someone to assess the octane level of my home made fuel.

EST ranching has not allowed me to get more than 200 miles from home for the last 17 years. Vacation? What is that?

Thurmond