Aero L-39 Albatros - 50mm EDF jet

jfaleo1

As promised this is my newest. 6 blade 55mm EDF. Ironed LE and TEs. Opened up area inside inlets more and replaced straight former mid wing with a “V” angled former to direct cleaner airflow and last I put in angled close outs in the nacelles to direct airflow to the fan. The airframe is basically otherwise stock in black DTFB, and the newer green DTFB
. 2F8A28E9-BC78-4C7E-B153-4C13ABF86354.jpeg

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
As promised this is my newest. 6 blade 55mm EDF. Ironed LE and TEs. Opened up area inside inlets more and replaced straight former mid wing with a “V” angled former to direct cleaner airflow and last I put in angled close outs in the nacelles to direct airflow to the fan. The airframe is basically otherwise stock in black DTFB, and the newer green DTFB
. View attachment 152295
That looks SWEET!! Can't wait to see it fly!

IcedStorm777

Could i use a 64mm with the original size plans as that is all i have and possibly for more speed/thrust. If not what scratch built 64mm EDFs are available? Thanks!

jfaleo1

Could i use a 64mm with the original size plans as that is all i have and possibly for more speed/thrust. If not what scratch built 64mm EDFs are available? Thanks!

Griff is right. No chance 55mm required mods and it is a REALLY tight fit. Check @Zephyr1 like Griff said. I’m not sure what else is on here in that size, sorry.

whackflyer

Master member
. View attachment 152295
That green stuff came from DT?😍😍😍

jfaleo1

I thought since I posted the pick of the modified black and green version I would also post what I did to modify the inlets. The pictures show the same modification on a new 70mm version. The “v” former is basically a double wide version of the original straight one trimmed to fit the wing opening. The inlets are opened most of the way forward. And I put in angled close out pieces to direct all airflow to the fan. I hope all this will improve efficiency and make them a little faster.
For what it is worth that is a 6s capable 70mm fan, and I am putting on the racingwing tips.
😁 DDA4D43D-CD66-4970-AF45-B8A8378D5502.jpeg 82D98AE6-5AEE-4FD4-AD7E-59D54D81D83A.jpeg 779A1C22-4E62-4921-B3F2-75B33B3C3BF7.jpeg

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
I thought since I posted the pick of the modified black and green version I would also post what I did to modify the inlets. The pictures show the same modification on a new 70mm version. The “v” former is basically a double wide version of the original straight one trimmed to fit the wing opening. The inlets are opened most of the way forward. And I put in angled close out pieces to direct all airflow to the fan. I hope all this will improve efficiency and make them a little faster.
For what it is worth that is a 6s capable 70mm fan, and I am putting on the racingwing tips.
😁 View attachment 153244 View attachment 153245 View attachment 153246
That looks great!! Let me know if you notice any difference.

jfaleo1

I will as soon as I get time to fly. I currently have 2 L-39s, 1 Mini Guinea, 1 standard White Diamond, 1 200% White Diamond,
1 Arrow, 1 Speed Deamon, 1 Baby Bugatti, 1 Moni, plus this 70mm L-39. All to maiden next time I get to get out and fly.
The L-39s and White Diamonds are top of the list though.

jfaleo1

I will as soon as I get time to fly. I currently have 2 L-39s, 1 Mini Guinea, 1 standard White Diamond, 1 200% White Diamond,
1 Arrow, 1 Speed Deamon, 1 Baby Bugatti, 1 Moni, plus this 70mm L-39. All to maiden next time I get to get out and fly.
The L-39s and White Diamonds are top of the list though.
I forgot an FT Bravo and a modified MiG-3 as well🙄

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
Cool. I didn't even know they made 50mm systems. The L-39 looks sweet when the curves are changed to low poly.

leaded50

Legendary member
on 64/70mm version its should be to only adjust plansizes accordingly . Do the plane a touch lagrer to get that edf´s to fit.