Another STEM/Engineering Teacher - FPV and Stability elctronics

thomasd538

Hi All,

I am engineering teacher looking to do more with r/c airplanes in the classrooms. I am looking for a platform that will allow modifications to the plane, allow us to share electronics and have enough room for stability electronics and maybe telemetry and FPV.

I would appreciate suggestion on equipment and electronics. I have found in the past that it takes several days if not weeks to teach kids to fly rc airplanes (only 20 minutes toteach children to fly quads). I think if I use new stability electronics and buddy radio combinations that I could lower training time and spend more time designing and racing. what do you think? I literally work with hundreds of school via Fly To Learn* so I am looking for something scalable.

I left several messages with the store and no has gotten back to me. Kids are coming into my afterschool program. I got to go.

Thanks in Advance

*I am engineering teacher at k-12 prep school in Charlotte, NC. I grew up building free flight airplanes and I have taught kids the engineering method via aviation for more than 25 years. I also cofounded Fly To Learn which uses x-plane simulation software to teach kids flight and airplane design. We are hundreds of schools in the US and Canada.