Any BNF planes on the market for Futaba radios?

t3yf5g

Seems like the goto radio of multirotors are Futabas. I have one for mine and want to start flying planes again. BNF would be great but it seems BNF = Spektrum. Is there any brand of plane that comes with Futaba Rx?

razor02097

Rogue Drone Pilot
Hi t3yf5g!

A lot of people fly multirotors with other radios too. Unfortunately there are no BNF kits compatible with Futaba that I know of. Most BNF models either use Spektrum or Tactic protocols. That said all is not lost! You can check out the AnyLink which you plug in the trainer port on your radio and will allow you to bind to any model that uses the SLT protocol.

The other option would be to look for a PNF or RTF with a PPM input. Then you just add your favorite Futaba or Futaba compatible FrSky receiver. If you get a model with PPM input you will need an Sbus to PPM converter module.

PhenomPilot

I believe I have seen bnf models for Futaba on Banggood.com. You will have to make sure it is the same protocol as your TX.

razor02097

Rogue Drone Pilot
Be careful though. just because the model uses the S FHSS or FHSS protocol doesn't necessarily mean it will bind with a Futaba transmitter. For example HiSky makes helicopters that uses the FHSS protocol. There isn't a way currently to bind to a Futaba radio. You have to buy the interface adapter that plugs in the trainer port.