Anybody else scratch building tonight?

tomlogan1

Elite member
Going to build another Bronco but with some help from Thingiverse...

Attachments

• IMG_20231030_102834046.jpg
    IMG_20231030_102834046.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0

Crazed Scout Pilot

Does anyone have any new content suggestions?
I’m currently working toward the large su 34.but I plan to produce some other content along with that and I would like to produce something that is interesting so any suggestions would be great

The Fopster

Master member
Beautiful build!
I have been looking into depron builds but I don’t know anything about depron were tto get it etc
Could you give me some pointers on we’re to get the cheapest depron.
I’m using 6mm insulation foam from the local DIY store. It’s not actually depron but it is similar and seems to work well for my purposes. It’s also pretty cheap!

Shurik-1960

I printed out the plans a long time ago, but there was no time to start: I accidentally touched my daughter's phone and broke the screen, disassembled and assembled it for half a day, put a new screen on, finished the TV for free to my neighbor. This morning we got out and pasted it .Photos are attached.Until lunch , I will continue to finish the fuselage : keels and stabilizer .I will increase the wing and do it with a flat-convex profile.Therefore, his turn is the last.The project will be with a pushing screw .

Attachments

• DSC00036.JPG
    DSC00036.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC00037.JPG
    DSC00037.JPG
  • DSC00038.JPG
    DSC00038.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC00039.JPG
    DSC00039.JPG
  • DSC00044.JPG
    DSC00044.JPG
  • DSC00045.JPG
    DSC00045.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 0

Brian B

Elite member
Does anyone have any new content suggestions?
I’m currently working toward the large su 34.but I plan to produce some other content along with that and I would like to produce something that is interesting so any suggestions would be great
Content? You must be from the that social media generation.... says the old Boomer! 😉

If you mean 'Techniques", for starts I would check out the builds like "Experimental Airlines", for clean structural folded fuselages and very precise wings. Not very stylish builds, but great fundamentals to build from. Also, a great design with very good written instructions is the Prandtl Box Wing (check the forum resources). Besides ending up with a very unique and great flying plane, building that one design taught me lots of new designing and building techniques.

If you mean Designs as Content, start browsing Outerzone.com. While they have a few foamboard designs, consider taking a proven balsa model you like, and converting it to foamboard. I've done that with a Martin B-10, Macchi M.5, B-58, a Sig Liberty Sport biplane, Marks Models Bushwacker, and most recently a XB-70. Make a variety of designs, and learn a variety of techniques, if your "content" is intended to appeal to the most people possible.

Make it fun and venture into unlikely things that fly. Content of "quirky" foamboard builds (like Snoopy & doghouse, lawnmowers, train locomotives, flying witches on a broom, Sci-Fi spaceships, sharks) always get the Clicks.

Shurik-1960

Today I cut out the stabilizer - I will make it out of 2 pieces of foam with a thickness of 3mm and then grind it down to 3-4 mm. Drew a new lower wing.I found a gross mistake .There are annoying errors in the drawing and in the construction video. On Monday I will continue working on the model and tell you what I would change in the drawings of Julius Perdana for the better. Weekends are family and nothing more!

Attachments

• IMG_20231110_171135.jpg
    IMG_20231110_171135.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0

Crazed Scout Pilot

Content? You must be from the that social media generation.... says the old Boomer! 😉

If you mean 'Techniques", for starts I would check out the builds like "Experimental Airlines", for clean structural folded fuselages and very precise wings. Not very stylish builds, but great fundamentals to build from. Also, a great design with very good written instructions is the Prandtl Box Wing (check the forum resources). Besides ending up with a very unique and great flying plane, building that one design taught me lots of new designing and building techniques.

If you mean Designs as Content, start browsing Outerzone.com. While they have a few foamboard designs, consider taking a proven balsa model you like, and converting it to foamboard. I've done that with a Martin B-10, Macchi M.5, B-58, a Sig Liberty Sport biplane, Marks Models Bushwacker, and most recently a XB-70. Make a variety of designs, and learn a variety of techniques, if your "content" is intended to appeal to the most people possible.

Make it fun and venture into unlikely things that fly. Content of "quirky" foamboard builds (like Snoopy & doghouse, lawnmowers, train locomotives, flying witches on a broom, Sci-Fi spaceships, sharks) always get the Clicks.
Thank you for some inspiration. Really liked that.

Crazed Scout Pilot

Today I cut out the stabilizer - I will make it out of 2 pieces of foam with a thickness of 3mm and then grind it down to 3-4 mm. Drew a new lower wing.I found a gross mistake .There are annoying errors in the drawing and in the construction video. On Monday I will continue working on the model and tell you what I would change in the drawings of Julius Perdana for the better. Weekends are family and nothing more!
Looking good

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Practicing spot welding and dialing in the right current/timing before building some 21700 Li-Ion battery packs. Will be interesting to fly the Strix Nano Goblins with some High current, Higher capacity packs. :-D
IMG_20231111_135024849.jpg

Will also be fun to have some lighter packs for things that I have only had LiPo packs for.

Cheers!
LitterBug

Shurik-1960

LitterBug

Do you have a homemade battery welder or a ready-made one? According to the photo, it cooks very well, even burns. My 11-year-old daughter was given an electric motorcycle and I want to cook her a battery.While riding on my airplane model batteries 2200 mA 3S .By the summer I want to make a new FPV carrier with a span of 2m on a battery with a set of 18650 . Drawing will be - Storm Chaser

Shurik-1960

I started gluing the wing. In the photos, I have collected it, but there is still a lot of work to be done: stabilizers, keels, cut through the ailerons and finally seal the wing.

Attachments

• DSC00046.JPG
    DSC00046.JPG
  • DSC00047.JPG
    DSC00047.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC00048.JPG
    DSC00048.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 0