Anybody else scratch building tonight?

Crazed Scout Pilot

A vivid example of the absence of a motor skewing to the right is the model pulling to the left.The author does not understand this and continues to hammer the model... I watched the video in spurts: a lot of blah-blah- blah and just a little bit of funny flight.
Dude here’s the thing I do know about positioning the motor to the right that’s one of the basics. That’s not why it was going to the left there was an 11mhp wind blowing that way. And (like I said in the video) I wasn’t flying it I was just checking how it did with the bunny hop tests.

Off-topic jes

Elite member
Crazed scout pilot.
Dude, no offense!! If you like to **** models, hit them! This is democracy. We made a long wing- great, make a huge keel ... 11mph. 4.92m/s in such a breeze, I usually fly 3D aerobatics. It's practically calm. 23 mph- this wind is only for jet flights.
Not to get involved here, but this is not a family friendly. Keep it down

Last edited by a moderator:

mastermalpass

Elite member
I just finished building a plane straight from my crazy br in.

Sometimes throwing together something that ‘looks about right’ can have the best results. That’s how this one came into being:

IMG_0900.jpeg

Ended up being one of the most successful models I’ve ever had! And like mine, it looks like yours can take a whack and still be flyable as well. Just gotta activate the ailerons, if you haven’t already (you’re gonna wanna do inverted flight sooner or later), and it’ll be serving you for years! 😁

Crazed Scout Pilot

Sometimes throwing together something that ‘looks about right’ can have the best results. That’s how this one came into being:

View attachment 242890

Ended up being one of the most successful models I’ve ever had! And like mine, it looks like yours can take a whack and still be flyable as well. Just gotta activate the ailerons, if you haven’t already (you’re gonna wanna do inverted flight sooner or later), and it’ll be serving you for years! 😁
beautiful model bro!!! I put a bigger motor in mine and it sailed off the ground!!! It tracks really nicely. I will post the video here in the next few days. Its a great feeling designing your own plane. Do you think i should post plans?

leaded50

Legendary member
Wow! Do you use depron or foam board?
im using foamboard. I want the stability the paper gives. ( each nacelle here is approx 350mm long) Total size of the build is adjusted to get appropiate space for battery (s) . The plane have a quite narrow width of the fuselage....

mastermalpass

Elite member
beautiful model bro!!! I put a bigger motor in mine and it sailed off the ground!!! It tracks really nicely. I will post the video here in the next few days. Its a great feeling designing your own plane. Do you think i should post plans?

Thanks! :) I reverse-engineered plans from it, but what I plan to release has a few changes made. After lots of flights, I'd identified quite a few ways to improve it so made and adjusted plan. Main things being activating the rudder and installing a propper hatch in the front (the original had me shoving the battery in via the cockpit and wedging it under one of the bulkheads. I changed its profile quite a bit though, so ended up making something that flew pretty differently.

1709509745294.png

Not a bad flyer, but it didn't have that nice 'floaty' characteristic the original had - I'd made the wings much more scale. So, I decided to do a third design. To summarise though; I recommend both making plans from what you've got in case it turns out great, then fly it lots and see if you wanna change it at all. I retired the original one a couple weeks ago. On Saturday, I pretty much finished the plans for the new one! It's a lot more parts, but it should be a lot less fiddly to build and install the battery on. :)

1709509364501.png

Crazed Scout Pilot

Thanks! :) I reverse-engineered plans from it, but what I plan to release has a few changes made. After lots of flights, I'd identified quite a few ways to improve it so made and adjusted plan. Main things being activating the rudder and installing a propper hatch in the front (the original had me shoving the battery in via the cockpit and wedging it under one of the bulkheads. I changed its profile quite a bit though, so ended up making something that flew pretty differently.

View attachment 242916

Not a bad flyer, but it didn't have that nice 'floaty' characteristic the original had - I'd made the wings much more scale. So, I decided to do a third design. To summarise though; I recommend both making plans from what you've got in case it turns out great, then fly it lots and see if you wanna change it at all. I retired the original one a couple weeks ago. On Saturday, I pretty much finished the plans for the new one! It's a lot more parts, but it should be a lot less fiddly to build and install the battery on. :)

View attachment 242915
Beautiful Much better then I could design!!

mastermalpass

Elite member
Beautiful Much better then I could design!!

Thanks again! It's technically only my third design. First was a Dh.82 (a real mess, but learned a lot of lessons from it) and my second was the HalfPipe (in my profile pic, started as a cardboard concept then had several iterations where I tweaked things here and there). After making one model that had a big piece of curved foam on it, I wondered if I could rush a whole fuselage out of a few pipe-shaped pieces and well, turns out I could! That's pretty much the maker of it's appearence - you could easily make a design this good.

I began work on my aircraft for the Flite Fest 2024 NGAD combat challenge. I started a thread if anyone else is interested. I started with a simple paper design to give me an idea of the final product. I plan to use A C pack, with about a 30 inch wingspan.

Attachments

• IMG_3675.jpeg
    IMG_3675.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

skymaster

Elite member
tonight was fixing night. i decided to give my very first edf from banana hobby a touch up. I'm Gona give it a try see how it goes. the edf starts to vibrate after i push the throttle. if it does not work like intended i might replace the fan blade with a 2" 3 blade prop and make bdf.
i have a few ideas on how to put 2 3blade props on the edf motor since it is a six blade edf see how it goes. the exiting part of tonight is that i spent some of my allowance on some props. some complain about the price of props. if you need some check out hobby king's bargain bin, i went crazy on it. well i think prices like these are a bargain. check it out. https://hobbyking.com/en_us/diatone-bull-nose-plastic-propellers-6-x-4-5-cw-ccw-orange-2-pairs.html

Attachments

• IMG_20240312_001215565.jpg
    IMG_20240312_001215565.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240312_001229072.jpg
    IMG_20240312_001229072.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240312_001315332.jpg
    IMG_20240312_001315332.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240312_001332802.jpg
    IMG_20240312_001332802.jpg