AP Super Tucano (FT Power Pack F | swappable)

AircPirateNinsei

airc-pirates.com
The cutout in the fuselage for the wing doesn't quite fit yet. I have to rework it a bit. Otherwise the plan is almost ready.

Last edited:

AircPirateNinsei

airc-pirates.com
Here is the link to the download site with the BETA Plan (Version 0.2):
http://airc-pirates.com/en_US/ap-super-tucano-downloads/

ap_super_Tucano_Plan-300x210.jpg

AircPirateNinsei

airc-pirates.com
At parts 7 (LEFT DOUBLER) and 8 (RIGHT DOUBLER) in version 0.2 of the plan, 5 mm (thickness of the foamboard) must be cut off at the bottom.
ap_super_tucano_Plan02_mistake..JPG

The updated build plan follows.

AircPirateNinsei

airc-pirates.com
I updated the build plan to V0.3 and changed some parts.
Part 1 (FUSELAGE): I reworked the cutout in the fuselage for the wing for a better fit.
Parts 7 (LEFT DOUBLER) and 8 (RIGHT DOUBLER) were shortened at the bottom 5 mm (thickness of the foamboard) and adapted to the cutout for the wing.
Parts 21 (LEFT WING) and 22 (RIGHT WING): The glue instructions for the spars have been adapted to the new numbers.

I'm currently glueing V0.3 and it looks as if this could also be V1.0. So this project is nearing its end!

AircPirateNinsei

airc-pirates.com
The parts of V0.3 are glued together and everything fits! The frame has 175 g (6.17 oz).
800x500_tucano_001.jpg

800x500_tucano_002.jpg

I reinforced the outside of the wing and the connection of the two elevators with wooden coffee stirrers.
800x500_tucano_150.jpg

800x500_tucano_151.jpg

But this is only optional. I had to lift the upper edge of the cutout in the vertical stabilizer by the height of the coffee stirrer and will include this in the plan.

Now I have to cut out the window decals and then the electronics will be installed.

Last edited:

AircPirateNinsei

airc-pirates.com
And here is the candidate for version 1.0:

800x500_ap_super_tucano_100_i.jpg

I installed a FT-Power-Pack F, but I exchanged the 12A ESC for a 20A ESC.
With a 1000mAh 3s battery (Zippy 25c) and the stickers it has an AUW of 398 g (14.04 oz).
Without battery the weight is 302 g (10.65 oz).

Now it's ready2fly on 3s!

If you prefer to fly it on 4s (Type R), you should use a 30A ESC, 9g servos and a 1300mAh 4s battery (for example Turnigy nano-tech).
The 9g servos in the rear compensate the additional weight in the nose.

Last edited:
Pirate! Just found a pic of the new ones set for deployment. Posting one pic here. They have attached external armor to the cockpit section! And the Tucano has an intake under the spinner for the turbine. I'm looking to put an intake under the engines on my Guinea Pig and insert a cheap siren whistle for the turbine effect. Idea? Amazon had 24 in a bag for less than $10 plus shipping.
Embraer-receives-Super-Tucano-order.jpg

I wonder how a chunk of plastic straw would look in place of the piece of foam you put in as turbine exhaust?

I was also thinking.... I know that's dangerous... mounting the front gear on the back side of the motor mount piece. Dubro plastic pivot kit with wheel collars, or hot glue stoppers. The wing wheel gear wire shouldn't be too much of a problem mounted to the internal wing spars.

AircPirateNinsei

airc-pirates.com
The armour plates and the machine gun replicas are no problem. But then you need more than just two sheets of foam board (30 x 20 in). So if you prefer a military look, you will get an upgrade soon. I tried to implement the air intake under the spinner in the plan of this very simple version. The siren whistle is definitely worth a test! Thank you for this inspiration! A piece of plastic straw would certainly look better than exhaust if it were bent. Unfortunately I didn't have anything like that at hand. I didn't want to add a landing gear to this version with 800mm wingspan. For a nice flight picture it should be a retractable landing gear and the lightest I know has 75g (3 x 25g). I think this would fit better to a version with a wingspan from 1000mm to 1200mm.

Tucano Modding is desired, so give your ideas a chance!;)

AircPirateNinsei

airc-pirates.com
Version 0.4 is available for download. I have optimized the order of assembly and renumbered the parts. Last but not least the positions for the coffee stirrers and the optional 9g servos are included.

The decal templates for the self-adhesive foil are also available for download!

ap_super_tucano_decal_templates-300x225.jpg