AP Eazy (Pusher Trainer | FT Power Pack A or F | swappable)

RCGEO

The maiden flight was successful and the Eazy is very easy to fly! :D
Unfortunately we havn't made a video.

Here is the link to the BETA-plan:
ap_eazy_plan.jpg

DOWNLOAD FREE DIY PLAN
Thank you all for the flowers! ;)

At 4s you should reinforce the Wing Spar with a carbon tube (max. 5mm diameter).
Maybe you should do this already at 3s to avoid bending the wing.

@daxian
trojan js: Miner C infection? Luke Filewalker found … nothing!
Do you have the problem with only one file (which one) or all files?
Which AVG do you use? I will install and test it!
Which file do you want? I put the file in Google Drive and send you the link!
I am curious to see how your AVG will react to this!
STATUS: The maiden flight was successfully completed and the BETA-plan is published!

Box_Easy_1000_i.jpg

The AP Eazy is a Pusher Trainer that works with the FT Power Pack A or F. It has a FT Mini Power Pod. :D
If you want to build the Eazy with a 50mm EDF unit, you should check out the Eazy Ducted Fan!

SPECS:
WINGSPAN: 1000 mm | 39.37 in
DRY WEIGHT: 232 g | 8.18 oz
ALL UP WEIGHT: 335 g | 11.82 oz (with 3s 1250 mAh)
CHANNELS: 4 (THR | AIL | ELV | RUD)

DOWNLOAD:
ap_eazy_plan.jpg

DOWNLOAD FREE BUILD PLAN

PICTURES:
800x400_ap_eazy_001_i.jpg

800x400_ap_eazy_002_i.jpg

RCGEO

STATUS: The maiden flight was successfully completed and the BETA-plan is published!

Box_Easy_1000_i.jpg

The AP Eazy is a Pusher Trainer that works with the FT Power Pack A or F. It has a FT Mini Power Pod. :D
If you want to build the Eazy with a 50mm EDF unit, you should check out the Eazy Ducted Fan!

SPECS:
WINGSPAN: 1000 mm | 39.37 in
DRY WEIGHT: 232 g | 8.18 oz
ALL UP WEIGHT: 335 g | 11.82 oz (with 3s 1250 mAh)
CHANNELS: 4 (THR | AIL | ELV | RUD)

DOWNLOAD:
ap_eazy_plan.jpg

DOWNLOAD FREE BUILD PLAN

PICTURES:
800x400_ap_eazy_001_i.jpg

800x400_ap_eazy_002_i.jpg

model14

Just finished my AP Easy. Motor is a 2205 running on a 3S 1300 battery pack. Power is 150 watts. Prop is 3-bladed 5x4.4.
I hope to maiden today or tomorrow. I built the Easy because our club runway is grass, and I am hoping the Easy will take off okay from the grass. I'll try and get some video.

Attachments

• DSCF4841.JPG
    DSCF4841.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 0

paulcurtis

I have completed the build, just waiting for some hardware to arrive. It's functionally fine, but no way can I get the edges as neat as some of these pictures (using a glue gun), do you guys cover in some way, or have other tips? Also, I can only get white foamboard, but it seems other colours are available, or has it been sprayed?

Crow929

I have completed the build, just waiting for some hardware to arrive. It's functionally fine, but no way can I get the edges as neat as some of these pictures (using a glue gun), do you guys cover in some way, or have other tips? Also, I can only get white foamboard, but it seems other colours are available, or has it been sprayed?
What I use and have found to work well is colored packing tape. It doesn't add a ton of weight, and it actually makes the models stronger. The method I often do is cut the pieces out, apply the colored tape, then trim the tape with a knife. You should try and avoid any areas where you'll need to glue as the hot glue doesn't stick well to the tape.
Below is my ducted fan version of the AP Eazy.
I've found foamboard in white or black. I generally just use the white as it covers easier with the tape.
IMG_2705.JPG

paulcurtis

Many thanks for the prompt reply Crow, and that looks superb. I have a number of rolls of that thin tape in a variety of colours (and I think it waterproofs too). It was just AircPirateNinse's pictures look utterly perfect, and don't appear to be covered, but I am not sure. So maybe it is covered, maybe it is the quality of foamboard, or the build technique, I am not sure.

Thanks again.