Baby Baron Gotha Gaggle for Flite Fest 2016!

97tj-neil

I got my skins printed out yesterday, and already have a set of electronics waiting to go in. If it rains Sunday, I may get a few hours build time in.

flyingsquirrelRC

Hi Rasterize!

I'm not going to FF16 this year (although I wish I could), so I won't be able to get in on this action. However, I wondered if you could make a skin for this plane for me:

Baby Brit Plane.JPG

I am not sure what the top of the wing looks like. I looked up the plane and found one more painting of the plane, but it didn't show the top of the wing.

PU1V46P.jpg

The bottom looks beige-ish, and you can probably just make the top of the wing the same color as the fuselage and add the british insignia on the wing tips.

You can do mine last too if you want (I am not sure which others you have to get done first :)).

Thanks!

EDIT: Just realized the painting has him shooting down a Gotha I believe. :)

Last edited:

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
FroggerJon your done! PM me an email.

FroggerJon Proof.jpg

Last edited:

Rasterize

Mentor
Mid7night, here is your proof. I just need to format it and then I'll send it off to Rockyboy.

Mid7night Proof.jpg

Mid7night

Jetman
Mentor
You guys are amazing, I can't believe the helpful brotherly nature of this thread...it really goes to show the impact the "FliteTest" mentality can have on a community of people. :cool:

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
I talked to Josh Bixler about this last week. He's in! That's right folks, Josh is going to join in on the Dawn Patrol flight at Flite Fest 2016. They also want to capture it on video, possibly for the show. I'm going to continue to work with the FT crew to see if we can get the event added to the official Flite Fest Schedule.

So...if you've been sitting on the fence, watching from the sidelines, it's time for you to take action. Choose a side, pick your colors, and join the fun. Who know's you might see yourself in a future Flite Test episode.

Tally-ho!

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
I talked to Josh Bixler about this last week. He's in! That's right folks, Josh is going to join in on the Dawn Patrol flight at Flite Fest 2016. They also want to capture it on video, possibly for the show. I'm going to continue to work with the FT crew to see if we can get the event added to the official Flite Fest Schedule.

So...if you've been sitting on the fence, watching from the sidelines, it's time for you to take action. Choose a side, pick your colors, and join the fun. Who know's you might see yourself in a future Flite Test episode.

Tally-ho!

Who? Josh Bixler? Who is he?

DharanFlyer

Tally-ho!

That's awesome news!

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Very cool we'll have Josh in the gaggle!

As I mentioned over in the Gotha thread, I hope we get a chance to do this on a couple different mornings. Or every morning!

It ensures people who might not be able to make the entire event (Wed-Fri myself) are able to join in, and it creates an opportunity for people who get inspired in the morning to build something during the day and join patrol the following morning.

If the extra patrols are strictly unofficial and not on the formal schedule with Josh, I think that's fine too. I think it will be quite entertaining seeing the scarred and taped up remains of the barons and brits on the second or third dawn patrol after a couple days of combat too. :)

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Very cool we'll have Josh in the gaggle!

As I mentioned over in the Gotha thread, I hope we get a chance to do this on a couple different mornings. Or every morning!

It ensures people who might not be able to make the entire event (Wed-Fri myself) are able to join in, and it creates an opportunity for people who get inspired in the morning to build something during the day and join patrol the following morning.

If the extra patrols are strictly unofficial and not on the formal schedule with Josh, I think that's fine too. I think it will be quite entertaining seeing the scarred and taped up remains of the barons and brits on the second or third dawn patrol after a couple days of combat too. :)

I'm just copying my response from the Gotha thread here...

Very good points rockyboy. I was always assuming that this would happen multiple times (like every morning). Heck maybe even a dusk patrol too. LOL. The idea behind getting one scheduled, is so that we can coordinate with Flite Test (possibly have an event on the official schedule) and they have an opportunity to participate and capture it on video.

Who knows maybe we can have it on the official event schedule for Friday and Saturday morning.

Mid7night

Jetman
Mentor
That's so cool! I've wanted to meet Josh since I started following FT years ago, it'll be nice to (hopefully) get to shake his hand...maybe before or after the flight. ;)

Seriously, more and more jazzed about coming to FF16 every day. :cool:

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I'm just copying my response from the Gotha thread here...

Very good points rockyboy. I was always assuming that this would happen multiple times (like every morning). Heck maybe even a dusk patrol too. LOL. The idea behind getting one scheduled, is so that we can coordinate with Flite Test (possibly have an event on the official schedule) and they have an opportunity to participate and capture it on video.

Who knows maybe we can have it on the official event schedule for Friday and Saturday morning.

Awesome! I think getting it captured on video will be great, and being on the event schedule sounds like a hoot too! Thanks!

Rasterize

Mentor
Zipper > Done.
Sponz > I'll send them to you when I get them formatted.
Zipper Proof.jpg