Baby Baron Gotha Gaggle for Flite Fest 2016!

97tj-neil

I started building mine tonight. I would have made more progress, but our glue gun died last night. image.jpg

I also built a taped baby brit last weekend to practice (and combat) with prior to FliteFest.
image.jpg

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
I started building mine tonight. I would have made more progress, but our glue gun died last night. I also built a taped baby brit last weekend to practice (and combat) with prior to FliteFest.

Looking good! Hope you get a cool new glue gun and finish it soon!

Rasterize

Mentor
The question has come up of who's these skins belong too and what can you do with them.
It's kind of been my own personal "vision" to have every participant in our "Dawn Patrol" have unique color scheme. WWI aerial combat always had that unique and colorful "look" especially where the central powers were concerned. I guess I'm have been working to that end and hopefully will be able to re-capture that spectacle in the form of our dawn patrol and combat at Flight Fest 2016 as much as possible.
So in so far as I'm concerned, I have created that skin and have given it to that individual pilot. In my eyes, it represents them since they selected it. I guess all I can ask is that they be a little selfish and keep it for themselves for the sake of that vision. At least until after Flite Fest. After which it is their skin and they can then do with as they wish.
If anyone wants a skin I will gladly create for THEM.
Sound reasonable? It's my own fault that I really have not communicated this idea before but I hope that this is cool with you guys.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I really like the idea of making sure nobody shows up to the dance in the same dress for Flite Fest, but if anyone wants to use one of the skins afterwards to build a really wicked looking plane, I'd be happy to share. Most of us live a long ways apart, and the chances of a bunch of exact copies turning up at the same field seems pretty low. I'd also love to do some file swapping with some of the other pilots who have some crazy cool color schemes too (I'm thinking Peppermint :) ) - but again, after the main event!

stephenkrall

I love the idea of these skins. I wish the were available for all the FT planes. I am trying to pick out a color scheme now. Just and excellent job Rasterize!!!

Steve

Rasterize

Mentor
I love the idea of these skins. I wish the were available for all the FT planes. I am trying to pick out a color scheme now. Just and excellent job Rasterize!!!Steve

Thanks Steve! Actually there are, and not only from me. I call them skins but others call the decals etc.
I recently did a few for the mighty mini P51 Mustang here, here and here.

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
I found the scheme for my Baby Brit. It comes from the felixstowe f2a flying boat. Let me know if this is too much work and I'll find a different one. These do tend to be the most colorful of the allied planes though...

The top of the wings are the standard green with British roundels, the bottom are also the standard tan with roundels.

rof2013-01-0401-32-03-84_zps74922e5e.png FelixF2A_4512.png

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
oh, @ Rasterize, use the bottom image for reference. The detail on the fuselage in the top picture is pretty bad. The top image is there mostly for the wing reference.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Hehe - we got another one!! Welcome Teach! :applause:

So who's left to rope into this? I think Balu and FlyingMonkey might be the only forum moderators missing at this point...