Baby Baron Gotha Gaggle for Flite Fest 2016!

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
I can't believe no one has picked this yet...

IMG_9388.JPG IMG_9389.JPG runway.jpg

0150r

Would a Turnigy 1811 2900kv motor be good for this plane? I use them with a 5x3 prop on a 500mah 2S for my 600mm Bonsai flying wings. With a 10A speed controller, they end up being pretty inexpensive and very light.

I might also have to try 1306 2300kv and 3100kv motors. I normally use 4x45s on 3s, but a 5x3 might work on 2s

I have a ton of 2204 motors, 12A ESCs, and 800-1300mah batteries from miniquads, but they are probably too big for this plane.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...brushless_Outrunner_2900kv_AR_Warehouse_.html

Last edited:

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
Combining this with the skins here would be total awesome!

Yeah, yeah, what am I doing surfing YouTube when I should be designing skins. :p

0150r

Yeah, yeah, what am I doing surfing YouTube when I should be designing skins. :p

This is awesome! I'm going to have to get out my hand held hot wire cutter. I had given up on hot wire cutting when I couldn't find the fan fold foam insulation that wasn't badly warped.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin

Because a tiny blue camouflaged plane...

I can tell you this plane is hard to track in the sky.

IMG_6261.JPG

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
Rasterize,
Baby Brit in this nieuport design please. Ill save to other nieuport design that was poster earlier for the real plane im building
NIEUPORT17-1.jpg
The camo one

offaxis

Love this idea!! I will be building a Baby Brit. I don't know what pattern to pick.
Will this work?
Capture.JPG

Last edited:

DharanFlyer

Poor Rasterize just found a second full time job.

Anything I can pitch in and help you with? Anything I can bring to FF for you since you are putting some much time into this for the group?

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
Poor Rasterize just found a second full time job.

Anything I can pitch in and help you with? Anything I can bring to FF for you since you are putting some much time into this for the group?

Unfortunately home, work, and my local RC club are requiring my attention. Right when I was getting all caught up too!
Hopefully things will lighten up midweek-ish and I can crank a few more out. I'm good for now DharanFlyer but thanks for asking. I may recruit you as time ticks down to FF16. Or I may have to put off skins for those who won't be at Flite Fest until I can get caught up on those who need them by then. We will see.

offaxis

That's a German plane..... I mean, I guess you can just change the insignia and call it a wildly decorated sopwith or something :).

Shows how much I know when it comes to WWI planes. I honestly don't care what scheme you pick for me Rasterize. I figured that a bumble bee looking thing would stand out in the mix.

Last edited:

flyingsquirrelRC

dude you're fine. I think that a lot of the allied planes were pretty lame. I think a rogue Bumble Bee Baby Brit (hows that for alliteration!!!) would be awesome!

localfiend

I like 3D printers...
Mentor
Unfortunately home, work, and my local RC club are requiring my attention. Right when I was getting all caught up too!
Hopefully things will lighten up midweek-ish and I can crank a few more out. I'm good for now DharanFlyer but thanks for asking. I may recruit you as time ticks down to FF16. Or I may have to put off skins for those who won't be at Flite Fest until I can get caught up on those who need them by then. We will see.

Stick me at the end of the list if you need to. I'll have something for the gaggle no matter what.