Baby Bugatti

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Good luck with the maiden. This makes me want to build another one. maybe I'll really fly (rather than lawn dart) it.
Keep posting... and one night, I'll have it done.

and with plaid
1568033076573.png

JakeTheSloth

Here's my another version - I built it loooong time ago, but hence I wasn't using forum for some time I didn't share - but here it is + some word of advice. I oversized it to 120% - still small (about MM mustang size) but much more stable. Battery is pushed in the very back under the wing - there's just enough space to fit 3s 1100mAh lipo, balances great with 2204 motor. Aileron servo as usual, but elevator servo is pushed to the back and it's mounted vertically inside fuse through wing, horn above wing. I also cut a small hatch above it for adjustments. The plane was flying flawlessly, but hence there was no spar, aside for this little slim foamboard one, the wing broke in the middle when going out of fast dive - I strongly recommend putting in a CF spar, doesn't have to be long, doesn't have to be thick, but if it's here and it's glued to foamboard spar/former it'll make the wing almost indestructible. Even a barbecue skewer will be better than nothing. Oh and don't use poor quality props - they draw more current, vibrate and are louder than better ones. I also think that it'd be a good idea to strenghten tail section somehow.
Plane ended up eventually as glider for my nephews :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 0

miraspen

Just built the 24" version. it looks like it will fit a 4s 1300 fine. i plan to use a 2205 2300kv swinging a 5045 prop. i had to rebuild the fuselage, so i thought id put this here. IMO you should put the servo holder and motor pod holder pieces in the fuse but not glued. then make the fuse so its evenly rounded and then glue the motor pod holder and the servo holder down. the first time i did one side with those pieces glued in and when i brought up the other side of the fuselage i was all wonky.
i couldn't figure out how the spar was suppose to go(looks like it suppose to be laid flat but then my wing didn't fit the wing cut out. i took the spar out and glued down a paint mixing stick and i am happy with that. wing still doesn't fit the cutout perfectly but hay that's what hot glue is for lol. now onto your commuter lol

Aviator08

Flagstaff,AZ
I Like it! Looks like a pretty simple design to build.
I love it too. Looks like a future version of a 1930s racing plane. I think the challenge would be to see how much blending of different surfaces you can do to get all that sleekness.

I can't really find the words! It's slippery and aggressive at the same time.

OliverW

Legendary member
I love it too. Looks like a future version of a 1930s racing plane. I think the challenge would be to see how much blending of different surfaces you can do to get all that sleekness.

I can't really find the words! It's slippery and aggressive at the same time.
If you can find a 3 view with formers I'm willing to give it a try lol

*starts making sad noises* yeah if there was a 3 view I would've thrown together some plans. It would have been relatively easy since it would be master series so the blending would look ok
If I had your skill level with master series techniques I'd fake the plans from the available photos. See that, if we lived next door to each other we'd be dangerous.

OliverW

Legendary member
If I had your skill level with master series techniques I'd fake the plans from the available photos. See that, if we lived next door to each other we'd be dangerous.
I have a little bit of master series skill haha. If I can find some good side views and top views I can probably pull it off. And we'd be extremely dangerous 😂