Baby Bugatti

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Nicely done. It seems pretty agile for as fast as it was zipping around. I will guess you have your throws set up near perfect as I did not see any hard changes resulting in a sudden slow down or bad tendencies. This went way better then my first maiden with a tried and proven Baby Baron build hehe. Me thinks you have done this all onest or twice.

Mid7night

Jetman
Mentor
Nicely done. It seems pretty agile for as fast as it was zipping around. I will guess you have your throws set up near perfect as I did not see any hard changes resulting in a sudden slow down or bad tendencies. This went way better then my first maiden with a tried and proven Baby Baron build hehe. Me thinks you have done this all onest or twice.

Thanks! Yes, it certainly is a quick little bugger, even just on a 2S A-pack motor.

Yeah, I've had a few moments of "experience" ... and I had a similar experience with my Baby Brit ... :D

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
Took an hour to print the plans, cut out and trace them onto foam. 12+ inches of snow arriving this evening through tomorrow so I'm pretty sure that will prohibit me from going to work. Took me a few minutes to locate my mini electronics. I have so few of them that they tuck away and get buried under the plethora of large stuff. Really excited for this quick build.
IMG_3504.JPG

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
willsonman, you making a baby too?

I mean Baby Bugatti, of course.

Last edited:

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I'm just a little further south of Wilsonman so tonight's snow band is only reading 6-10" for me. That should still be enough to keep me 'working' from home tomorrow and maybe getting one of these built too. :)

I'm too lazy to print a tiled version, so I just sent the plans over to staples for printing... $3.59 is money well spent to not deal with taping together tiled pages in my mind :)

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
Part of the reason I got my own large format printer. I print so many plans it essentially has paid for itself over the last few years I have had it.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
You can just make friendly with a local Engineer, Architect, or Land Surveyor, or contractor friend. Most have access to fast reliable printing in house. :)

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I used to have a 36" roll printer here in the office I could use after hours, but it died last year and was so infrequently used it didn't get replaced. :(

I'll have to start keeping an eye on craigslist and see if a cheap one turns up locally.

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
How long before someone throws a 2206 race spec motor one one of these? I bet you it makes it into superbee territory with that kind of power.

FoamyDM

Right now I've got R3 cut out and ready to assemble. I have a question on the plans/build. What is the Blue line down the center of the wing for, a small Dihedral? if so, how much?

Mid7night

Jetman
Mentor
How long before someone throws a 2206 race spec motor one one of these? I bet you it makes it into superbee territory with that kind of power.

I've got an RS2205-2600Kv that I ordered at the same time as my MT1806 ...

But I don't think you even need that much motor to make this thing scream, I think the MT1806 on 3S will be a friggin' rocket! I've got a few 3S batteries I can test, I'll report back when I can. :cool:

Mid7night

Jetman
Mentor
Right now I've got R3 cut out and ready to assemble. I have a question on the plans/build. What is the Blue line down the center of the wing for, a small Dihedral? if so, how much?

It's just a centerline mark for reference when putting things together, mounting, etc. There is NO dihedral.

ALSO: Make sure you look at the R4 plans...it has the corrected, straight, powerpod, as well as a CG line marked on the wing.

Last edited:

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
I've got an RS2205-2600Kv that I ordered at the same time as my MT1806 ...

But I don't think you even need that much motor to make this thing scream, I think the MT1806 on 3S will be a friggin' rocket! I've got a few 3S batteries I can test, I'll report back when I can.

Just imagine how much more ridiculous it would be with a 2206 on 4s :p

FoamyDM

Got it Mid7night - I did read about the straight pod. I was going mount the firewall from the other end instead.

I think it'd be hilarious if whoever tries the RD2205 or 2206 on a 4S makes sure to paint the plane plaid, like from the clip. (it won't be me I'm just happy to keep it in the air. I'm going to try this with and "A" pack first, as I am NOT a skilled pilot yet.

FoamyDM

I'm musing in my mind what Ludicrus speed might look like. (have since the movie came out) Polka dots? What'r your thoughts?