Beriev Be - 103 (Snipe) amphibious seaplane, build in foamed pvc plastic.

leaded50

Legendary member
motorpods ready too... (was so perfect.. i dont have two alike of the 2830 motors... neither others, but one ZTW 2212 still, ordered one more :cool:

DSC_0924.JPG

leaded50

Legendary member
i "love" the sanding :LOL:... first time could use a belt sander to even out panel connections and edges!
Total weight without any electronics comes to 950g, thats under the estimate!

leaded50

Legendary member
Wven working with the motorpod holders i found done a error..... I understand now why got some extra adjustments to get things fit at rear..... Internal, all 4 formers are cut in half at height, its a internal "deck/spar" going from front to rear. When cutted i needed take away 3mm for it in middle, i took away 5mm at the top AND bottom parts (forgot wasnt standard foamboard) :cautious: What does it do? I got a lower roofline, in fact nicer one ;)..... but then also needed angle the motorpod holders to fuselage more.

Does it do something? NO! and i bet, nobody would see it when plane is ready. I couldnt neither do the windows framing as thin, without ruining the structural strength on battery/electronics hatch. The error does in fact fixed the only thing i didnt liked by the plane.... the "garden house" cockpit :)

Plane have got it stab,rudder is ready painted.(fastned with plastic hinges) .. and its pretty much ready for paint :)

DSC_0927.JPG

Last edited:
Wven working with the motorpod holders i found done a error..... I understand now why got some extra adjustments to get things fit at rear..... Internal, all 4 formers are cut in half at height, its a internal "deck/spar" going from front to rear. When cutted i needed take away 3mm for it in middle, i took away 5mm at the top AND bottom parts (forgot wasnt standard foamboard) :cautious: What does it do? I got a lower roofline, in fact nicer one ;)..... but then also needed angle the motorpod holders to fuselage more.

Does it do something? NO! and i bet, nobody would see it when plane is ready.
I can see it from here! That looks horrible. If I were you I would start over. ;)

leaded50

Legendary member
that hooks, and christmas lights are superb for hanging painted things to dry :ROFLMAO::LOL: !! Thats the reason why is up in that room all time .
Did you even see the smokealarm is hanging too (battery out) ?? :ROFLMAO:

that hooks, and christmas lights are superb for hanging painted things to dry :ROFLMAO::LOL: !! Thats the reason why is up in that room all time .
Did you even see the smokealarm is hanging too (battery out) ?? :ROFLMAO:
First think I do in a new apartment is remove the battery from the smoke alarm! I like fearless cooking in a screaming hot pan.

leaded50

Legendary member
This seems like your best one yet! I would swear that's an injection-molded model. Really unbelievable.
Working with "plastic" open ups for possibility to shape parts even more, by heating & some different size tubes... and they stay shaped after. Just as the hatch/canopy here, heat and shape... and it keps it, without need for extra reinforcing .

About the smoke alarm.... its another system here, so this is not necessary... and when beeped when battery was too low, i got tired and tore it out... but not removed it :LOL:

Last edited:

cyclone3350

Master member
1.st color of paint, the main, and contrasting lines of blue. Ive used a metallic blue i had... a touch darker with, another shine, than the bright blue used on original.
(some christmas lightning was great to hang it on to dry :LOL: )

View attachment 203024
I have always thought that U can either build them fast or build them pretty. But U can't do both. Well congrats. U have proven that hypotheses to be false. Your next challenge is to out do Einstein and find that worm holes do exist .:alien:

leaded50

Legendary member
I have always thought that U can either build them fast or build them pretty. But U can't do both. Well congrats. U have proven that hypotheses to be false. Your next challenge is to out do Einstein and find that worm holes do exist .:alien:
dont you know about the existing wormholes? a 114mm edf on 12S can plow straight through it..... ;)