binding problems - alpha 110 and graupner mz-10

problematicman

I'm very new to the hobby, and have recently bought the Graupner Alpha 110 FPV BNF, the Graupner MZ-10 transmitter, and a pair of Fatshark Attitude V4 FPV goggles. I tried turning on the transmitter and was able to control the Alpha 110 for maybe 5 seconds, and then the transmitter made the start-up sound again and broke the connection. It kept making that noise every second or so until I turned it off.

As I said, I'm extremely new to the hobby - I've flown RC things before, but its been a while and none of them were FPV - and now I feel like I'm jumping in way over my head. This means I don't really know much of the terminology or what to do with some parts. For example, the little box that came with the transmitter - the receiver, I think. What do I do with that? The manual mentions it briefly in the binding section, but is it supposed to be put inside the quad? I don't think that the Alpha 110 is big enough for me to do that.

After I figure this stuff out, I'll probable need some help with the goggles too.

Thanks for the help!
Rowan