Bloody Baron - Build

Capt_Beavis

Posted a thousand or more times
The Bloody Baron is my second build after the Storch. I have an FT Duster and a Mini Cruiser in waiting but a friend cut out the BB so I decided to go with it first.

I did a horrible job, completely sanding through one aileron hinge and putting holes in all of the others. My wife called right as a put glue on one hinge to protect it and got very gloppy. The build itself was very easy, I did struggle getting the tail assembly to line up properly and power pod doesn't line up great but it was still a great build.

I did the maiden today and it flies really well. I was afraid that the C power pack would be too much for me but it feels perfect. I went on the conservative side on the servo setups and I can fly it pretty easily on full rates. I may have to go back and redo the elevator servo to get more throw. It flies inverted nicely on full rates but can't do it at 80% or lower.

Thanks for the design this will be another plane to further my growth as a pilot.

IMG_1460.JPG

kotori87

How well does this plane handle extra weight? I have been flying an FT Spitfire with a Fatshark pan/tilt camera, but the airframe is worn out after two years of flying, stunting, and crashing. I tried the FT Racer, but it couldn't carry the extra weight of the camera, pan/tilt, and VTX.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Got the very first 2 Bloody Baron production kits from Flite Test yesterday. One for me and one for Keegan. Thanks so much Flite Test. It's really awesome to see the final kit version of my own design. Love the sticker too, that's going on my CAD laptop. Crazy cool!

IMG_20151005_200328815.jpg

LooseBruce

Congrats Sponz

I have had much fun flying your Bloody Baron and Bloody Wonder MKIII. I keep learning new things about them and they are SOOOOO durable. I also have rebuilt both of them piece by piece.

I finally have the LEDs the way I want them in the Bloody Baron. It looks fantastic in the night sky.My favorite night plane.
LooseBruce:cool:

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
I have had much fun flying your Bloody Baron and Bloody Wonder MKIII. I keep learning new things about them and they are SOOOOO durable. I also have rebuilt both of them piece by piece.

I finally have the LEDs the way I want them in the Bloody Baron. It looks fantastic in the night sky.My favorite night plane.
LooseBruce:cool:

I got out to do some flying last night. First time in a couple weeks do to weather and being busy. I brought 4 planes, but only ended up flying 2 of them. I had my beat up Baron from Flite Fest along (last beta build, have yet to build then v1.0) but never even flew it. I wanted to get a little more stick time on the Ugly Wonder, and man am I glad I did. I'm running the FT Power Pack B setup on it and it was an absolute blast to fly. It took me back to two years ago when I was first learning to fly on the FT Bloody Wonder V1 with the 24g hexTronik motor. The EMAX has a bit more punch then the HXT, but the plane feels about the same. I used to love floating that thing around the Ugly Wonder had me grinning from ear-to-ear last night. I also put a couple batteries through my FB Flitestick, that thing is a beast!

I have a set of LED's that I keep forgetting to put into a plane (was going to do it for the Bushwacker). I think I will put them in my next Bloody Baron instead. Thanks for the idea!

mr.black

Hello guys this is the creature that is output from the project with europron 4mm similar Depron.

Vincenzo
itali, Naples
20151018_112122.jpg 20151018_112050.jpg

Jam-ehz

Flying Canuckian
Can I use a cobra 2300kv airplane motor for this plane?

I'll be using the RCX 2205 2633kv, and they're pretty well the same weight class as the 180x series. FT sells their mini power packs with 2204 EMax motors as well, so your cobra should be fine.

Edit: whoops, was thinking of the baby baron.. With 3s or 4s your cobra should be fine, pushes nearly a kg..

Last edited:

Jam-ehz

Flying Canuckian
Nice plane!

Has anyone else tried a 10x3.8 prop yet?

I had a 10x4.5 running nicely with a 2212 980kv, and was great except for the belly landings.. The longer props had a better chance of catching the ground and snapping..

Now trying a 1300kv of the same size so it will spin a smaller prop (7 to 8 inch) while outputting way more power.

One nice thing about the lower kv/larger prop was the efficiency.. Lasted much longer in the air..