BossBluff

Simple is fast.
Just a quick shot of the Zero tail build. This is similar to other FT builds with a split elevator.

62A93274-160B-4640-9336-24025204E593.jpeg

jpot1

Elite member
Maiden success on the full size low wing corsair with a rear tapered fuse. My setup is a bit heavy - C pack motor, 8x4.5 prop with a 1300 3s so the glide slope was not great. With the low wing, I added some skids to the bottom for landing on pavement. With the oops landing on the video, I only bashed the skip a little bit.

Overall flight characteristics did not seem much different than my full size bloody baron. This plane is very responsive and I used very low rates.

78DD0154-92FD-4683-BE19-A457EC15730C.JPG

D7F2453E-3CA2-4F25-81DD-C200355AAAE0.JPG

Video:

Plans:
View attachment bloody corsair fuse.pdf
View attachment bloody corsair wing.pdf

BossBluff

Simple is fast.
Maiden success on the full size low wing corsair with a rear tapered fuse. My setup is a bit heavy - C pack motor, 8x4.5 prop with a 1300 3s so the glide slope was not great. With the low wing, I added some skids to the bottom for landing on pavement. With the oops landing on the video, I only bashed the skip a little bit.

Overall flight characteristics did not seem much different than my full size bloody baron. This plane is very responsive and I used very low rates.

BRAVO! Nice work! I’m glad the landing damage was minor! It sounded painful! LOL

First of the week (I’m working this weekend) I’ll get copies of your plans moved to the front page. If you want to include any add’l specs, post them and I’ll include them. Thanks for your hard work. It’s a great addition to the Bloody WWII fleet!

Ricci

Posted a thousand or more times
Nicethe low wing!
I tried to maiden my mini bloody vought today. Was not successful. I think the right thrust is not needed. It starts immediately after launch a barell roll to the right. Nothing broken. Reallz stable. Do will remove the right thrust

BossBluff

Simple is fast.
Nicethe low wing!
I tried to maiden my mini bloody vought today. Was not successful. I think the right thrust is not needed. It starts immediately after launch a barell roll to the right. Nothing broken. Reallz stable. Do will remove the right thrust

This is very unexpected. I’m interested to see the result with less RH thrust. During my first flight, i actually added a couple clicks of R aileron trim and a couple clicks down.

Anyone else finding bad habits with this design? Ricci, do i understand you correctly it was stable after correcting the roll issue?

Last edited:

Ricci

No, it was not possible to correct. I made a video and will share if wanted. Tryed three times. Once with 1000% once with 80% throttle and once with less than half throttle. The higher the throttle, that earlier and faster the roll, no response on ailerons 2204 has to much power. I made a new powerpod yesterday and will try again. It’s snowing today

Last edited:

BossBluff

Simple is fast.
No, it was not possible to correct. I made a video and will share if wanted. Tryed three times. Once with 1000% once with 80% throttle and once with less than half throttle. The higher the throttle, that earlier and faster the roll, no response on ailerons 2204 has to much power. I made a new powerpod yesterday and will try again. It’s snowing today

“2204 has too much power” THAT might be a very good observation! LOL I fly mine on the 1806 “A Pack” motor with no nasty habits at all. I’m glad you found this out! I was going to try my new F Pack motor on my Zero. I had no idea there was such a dramatic torque difference! I’ll put this in my lesson-learned pile!

Last edited:

Ricci

“2204 has too much power” THAT might be a very good observation! LOL I fly mine on the 1806 “A Pack” motor with no nasty habits at all. I’m glad you found this out! I was going to try my new F Pack motor on my Zero. I had no idea there was such a dramatic torque difference! I’ll put this in my lesson-learned pile!

Yes, you can see in the videos the difference between the different throttle settings. Also the 6x4,5 prop is way too big. Next try will be with 0 Thrust angle and a 5x3 prop on the 2204. I think that could work.
But you can also see how rock solid this little plane is! No damages excepting the prop.

The aileron and elevator settings are as recommenden 40% ratio and 50% Expo

Last edited:

Ricci

The Bloody lightning is glued together and electronics are installed for the right motor i´m waiting for the ESC for the left motor, than its finished. Assembly is easy. For the Vertical stabiliser i will add notches to help gett them alligned. Also the main fusselage can be 5.10 mm taller to get prop clearence using 3" props. The wires can be installed after gluing the wing, but is better to install them before gluing. Lessons learned :)

BossBluff

Simple is fast.
Hummmm, re-thinking a 2205 motor purchase for these minis if the 2204 is such a handful.

Call me crazy, but I'm surprised at how differently 1806 and 2204 seem to perform. Based strictly on the numbers from Emax the 2204 and 1806 shouldn't be THAT different. I'm going to have to drop my shiny new 2204 in the original Bloody Vought mini this week and see how she flies. The 1806 has been smooooth and predictable. This will be very interesting!

I just took a look at the numbers on the EMax site, the 2205 looks HOT compared to the 1806 and 2204.

**By the way, during recent testing, I upped my Aileron and Elevator to 65-70% with 40% EXPO. This gives a little snappier handling and better elevator response at slow speed.

BossBluff

Simple is fast.
Bloody P-40 is coming...

While I am still working on the Bloody Zero prototype, and I'm building another Bloody Vought for a Minwax/Rust-Oleum paint project, the Bloody P-40 will be my first design to come with a full-skin along with the plans. I'd love to have it built and flown in the next couple weeks, but life is only getting busier now the Holidays are approaching!

BloodyP-40 Skin1.png

BossBluff

Simple is fast.
THANK YOU BOTH! I have gained a whole new appreciation for some of the amazing skins I’ve seen on other FT projects! LOL Its quite a process to draw just one of these, let alone a more true-scale bird or a fleet like the Gotha Gaggle!! Nuts!

Ricci

Ok, the bloody lightning has all electronics installed and differential thrust is also set. Hope for good weather for maiden this weekend.
The 20A Opto ESC´s are laced in the outer Fusselage.

IMG_4613.JPG

A lot of wires and BEC to place inside the smal center fuselage. The wires i used are pretty thick, so next build i will use thinner ones.

IMG_4614.JPG

All fits including a 32 850mah lipo, and the CG fits.

IMG_4615.JPG

After succesfull maiden i will update the beta plans.

Ricci

Hummmm, re-thinking a 2205 motor purchase for these minis if the 2204 is such a handful.

Hi,
maiden the bloody vought successfull with 3S and emax MT2204II. The problem was the right thrust. WIth 0 thrust angle flys nice! I´m uploading the Video

Last edited:

Ricci

Looks like a very technical build! Can’t wait to see her fly!

Not really, only looks like. :black_eyed:

Thank you very much for this great idea.

THe maiden of my bloody vought. really Fun!

Last edited: