Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Your out of your mind!!!

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Time and quality, two concepts in tension with each other. I think your reasons for building this are good ones and therefore I'm confident you will make this fly well, even if it takes time. Thanks for keeping this going and posting along the way.

Liam B

Time and quality, two concepts in tension with each other. I think your reasons for building this are good ones and therefore I'm confident you will make this fly well, even if it takes time. Thanks for keeping this going and posting along the way.

Time, quality and school. I suppose school falls into time. Thanks for the confidence boost.

Liam B

A new foam box is on its way. In the meantime, I installed a third engine.

Yes, I know it's not scale, and it killed me to have to do it. The two C Packs weren't enough power, so I added a third.

It's a pusher prop engine that is camouflaged and hidden away in the rear canopy.

IMG_0483.JPG

As you can see in the photo, I got a new transmitter :)

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
Well o suppose it's the best place to put it. How did you figure out you wouldn't have enough power with the two C packs?

DamoRC

Liam B

Well o suppose it's the best place to put it. How did you figure out you wouldn't have enough power with the two C packs?

DamoRC

My friend Sam and I built the big B-17 at Flite Fest east last year, and it was underpowered with four engines. I'll make up for that fourth engine by using 12x5 props on the front, but I felt that it needed another engine. I could always take it off if it's deemed useless, but I figured better safe than sorry:p

Liam B

Just a quick update: The rear engine is done. Next up is to finish covering by where the turret is going. Then I'm going to build the wings out of DTFB and then transfer them to the Waterproof once it comes.

Liam B

I'm currently soldering servo extensions for the rudder and elevator servos. Once I get the extensions in, then I can cover the receiver area.

Liam B

Just finished cutting the right wing out. I'll trace this one out on some more foam for the left wing.
IMG_0510.JPG

Liam B

Quick Update: Both wings are done! The elevator is joined! Almost finished with the wheels. She's all ready for ffwest. I'll take pictures of her there.