Votes: 11 57.9%
  • It'll fly, but...

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Your out of your mind!!!

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Liam B

Thanks DMC RC for coming and checking it out. Nice to meet you in person! It's at the Build tables by the tents, by the way.

Liam B

Ok, so it flew. The first launch, it lawndarted into the hillside. The second, it flew for a minute before loosing elevator. Here's the damage. I plan on making it a Bloody Wonder-ish for combat tomorrow.

Tench745

Master member
Hey Stig, I saw your first launch on Discover RC's youtube. Sounded to me like your batteries couldn't keep up with the current draw. There was an immediate voltage sag. Glad it flew a little. What are you building for next year? ;)

Liam B

Hey Stig, I saw your first launch on Discover RC's youtube. Sounded to me like your batteries couldn't keep up with the current draw. There was an immediate voltage sag. Glad it flew a little. What are you building for next year? ;)

I though so too, but it was actually an elevator failure. The first flight, the linkage stopper (yes, I don't know why I used linnkage stoppers) came loose and lawndarted. The second flight, it flew great for 45 seconds and then, the elevator SERVO stripped, and it was a 17g servo. But I do agree, the batteries, and for that matter, the motors couldn't keep up with a craft that big. Next year, I'm doing it right. I'm thinking of doing a giant Mustang to accomadate all of the giant bombers that have been made.

Liam B

So, in conclusion, all 19 people who voted are correct. It flew great, but... AND I was out of my mind! I'm already starting on next year's build. Just need some more foam:D

Liam B

Ain't that the way? I hope a nice one shows up! :) I really appreciate how you boys powered through the adversity. And I enjoyed chatting with your Dad in the chow line at the Fat Shark BBQ!

He says it was great to talk to you as well!

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
Yep. I'm looking for footage of the 4-plane.

Your plane flew a lot more that I thought based on our conversation. That thing was really flying nice. Well done!

DamoRC

Liam B

Well, after reviewing the video that Flite Test put out, my plane wasn't shown with the sketchy planes. I'm not sure if it was just time constraints or if I was excluded just because it didn't work well. Either way, it was great to be there.