• Synjin

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Test Fly RC

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Remeber, no real set requitements for the video, just whichever one you enjoy the most. The most entertaining.

Good luck everyone!

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
They were all great! Very hard decision but for me it came down to actually seeing verifiable weght(cargo) . The flying in all of them was spectacular @Ketchup and @Test Fly RC you guys are awesome flyers (y)(y) no doubt about it, way above my skills . Great Job guys, looking forward to next year!!! Gotta admit though @Test Fly RC was awesome with the tarp, speechless!

synjin

Elite member
After the cargo challenge debacle (yes, flying into a light pole that I thought I was past is my idea of a debacle) the PC-6 is sitting in the work space with the front cut off. Of course, I had to search throught computer for the right version of the plans (I probably shouldn't keep all the versions, but I like to see the progress over time) and print out just the nose. Hopefully tomorrow I can cut, glue, and put her back into fighting trim. I'll have to test the motor and see if it survived it's introduction to a steel light pole. Though after seeing Ketchup's Bushwacker I may need to make one to play around with.

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
That landing attempt was daring! I know I couldn't have put the PC-6 onto the dugout. I don't have those flying skills yet. @Ketchup, you rock!
Thanks! My skill wasn't exactly good enough to make the landing, but I hope to fix the plane and try again later.
After the cargo challenge debacle (yes, flying into a light pole that I thought I was past is my idea of a debacle) the PC-6 is sitting in the work space with the front cut off. Of course, I had to search throught computer for the right version of the plans (I probably shouldn't keep all the versions, but I like to see the progress over time) and print out just the nose. Hopefully tomorrow I can cut, glue, and put her back into fighting trim. I'll have to test the motor and see if it survived it's introduction to a steel light pole. Though after seeing Ketchup's Bushwacker I may need to make one to play around with.
It wasn't actually a Bushwacker, but if you are going to do a bushwacker you should check out the plane that @Hondo76251 made last year. That thing outperformed any of the entries from this year and last year.

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Thanks! My skill wasn't exactly good enough to make the landing, but I hope to fix the plane and try again later.
A little packing tape and gorilla glue and shell be good as new! No where near as tore up as mine was (several times actually lol)

synjin

Elite member

It wasn't actually a Bushwacker, but if you are going to do a bushwacker you should check out the plane that @Hondo76251 made last year. That thing outperformed any of the entries from this year and last year.

Ketchup, I didn't follow the challenge thread as closely as I should have. Was that your design? If so, you need to post it. I'll get the PC-6 up as soon as I have time to clean up the plans.

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
Ketchup, I didn't follow the challenge thread as closely as I should have. Was that your design? If so, you need to post it. I'll get the PC-6 up as soon as I have time to clean up the plans.
It was my design. The one I made for last year's challenge was definitely a better daily flier, so I'll probably post plans for that first and I might post this one after some light changes to the plans.
Also, I would really like to see plans for the PC-6. It looked like a really nice build!

Hondo76251

Legendary member
@Ketchup both your planes looked like they did really well. What motors did you use in them?
I had pretty good luck with that 11 45 prop on my c pack motor last time.

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
@Ketchup both your planes looked like they did really well. What motors did you use in them?
I had pretty good luck with that 11 45 prop on my c pack motor last time.
The first time was an older C pack (emax motor) with an HQ 10x4.7 slow fly prop.
This time I used a radial c pack on (I think) an APC 11x4.7 slow fly.
The radial has a noticeably higher amount of power, and even though my plane was very draggy it could go quite fast. I can't wait to put that thing on a smaller sleeker plane and see it go!

Hondo76251

Legendary member
I was also impressed with the new radial "c"

After seeing how efficient it was with that 11" prop i Really wanna see it on a sleek fpv bird ;)