Cannot bind DX 6e

Slamador

Yes I did that should work as pausing it a few times to read the small print in the setup menu he is using the Aura Light. According to Aura the Light will not work SRXL2 evidently he found a work around by going into the transmitter and making the change there, if you cannot make that change TEXT GEN in telemetry in your transmitter then I doubt you will get it to work.....I have been wrong before but you never know.
This morning I got the FT Aura 5 Lite to work using the spm9745 dsmx satellite. After several failed attempts some how I got it to work using a bind plug. Then I unplugged the battery to take a break and when I came back and plug everything back in nothing worked again. Back to square one

Bricks

Master member
This morning I got the FT Aura 5 Lite to work using the spm9745 dsmx satellite. After several failed attempts some how I got it to work using a bind plug. Then I unplugged the battery to take a break and when I came back and plug everything back in nothing worked again. Back to square one

Did you bind the satellite receiver first with another receiver?

Slamador

That needs to be done first.[/QUOTE
I’m not understanding binding the satellite with another receiver.
I was able to hook everything up and bind the satellite to my transmitter. The Aura and satellite were working. What would make everything stop working after unplugging the battery?

Bricks

Master member
I’m not understanding binding the satellite with another receiver.
I was able to hook everything up and bind the satellite to my transmitter. The Aura and satellite were working. What would make everything stop working after unplugging the battery?

When ever using a satellite receiver on it`s own it has to be bound by a regular receiver first, it will not bind on it`s own. That is why it may have worked but when power was taken away it did not stay bound.

Slamador

When ever using a satellite receiver on it`s own it has to be bound by a regular receiver first, it will not bind on it`s own. That is why it may have worked but when power was taken away it did not stay bound.

I got it working doing exactly the same I did the first time. The difference was I use a friend computer to reset the Aura 5 Lite back to factory settings, then I updated it to the latest software. Everything worked like a charm, even after powering down.

Bricks

Master member
Glad you did finally getting it working, personally have never seen a Satellite receiver bind with out using another receiver good to know that maybe the Aura helped it to bind. Maybe the Aura sent a bind condition to it.

Slamador

Glad you did finally getting it working, personally have never seen a Satellite receiver bind with out using another receiver good to know that maybe the Aura helped it to bind. Maybe the Aura sent a bind condition to it.
Yeah. it was different for sure. I followed the manufacturer's instructions for the satellite and after resetting the Aura 5 Life everything worked.
I'm excited to fly my first FT scratch-build.

wrangler90

My Aura 5 Lite "3 axis and 6 axis: needs to be reversed. I am not talking about servo reverse that works fine. in 3 and 6 axis it will not correct rolls it enhances the roll. Any assistance is appreciated. Thank You

Last edited:

Wes B.

Site Moderator
Staff member
My Aura 5 Lite "3 axis and 6 axis: needs to be reversed. I am not talking about servo reverse that works fine. in 3 and 6 axis it will not correct rolls it enhances the roll. I tried the factory reset using Josh's video but "SUPER SECRET" e-mail comes back as invalid. Any assistance is appreciated. Thank You
Which direction do you have the aura orientated? Did you do servo reversing on the radio or on the Aura?

wrangler90

Which direction do you have the aura orientated? Did you do servo reversing on the radio or on the Aura?
Well I guess I was wrong it did need a servo reversal but not 1 but 2 reversals . 1st on the Jumper T16 pro then on the Aura 5 lite board. This is the 3rd Aura 5 Lite I'm using, but the first time I experienced this issue. I hope this helps anyone else experiencing the same problem.

wrangler90

Thank You Wes I had it installed in the standard orientation, with pins to the rear. I needed a double servo reversal 1st on the transmitter, then 2nd on the Aura 5 Lite board. Just a single servo reversal on the board or transmitter did not fix the situation.