Carbon cub s+

Jkt

Hi I’m a New by to Rc aircraft have just purchased a BNF carbon cub 2+ I have old DX7se transmitter it says it’s DSM2 can I use it to fly the cub?

Bricks

Master member
Yes, if you desire you can go to Spektrums web site and down load the programing for your transmitter from there or set up the transmitter yourself. You are going to like that plane.

Jkt

Hi I have managed to bind my Dx7se to the cub but at present the elevators just keep waggling any suggestions would be gratefully received

quorneng

Master member
jkt
It could be the transmitter rather than the plane. The elevator 'pot' gets a lot of use and they are known to give trouble after a long time. Do you have another plane you can try your transmitter on?

Jkt

No I don’t I bound the transmitter and then the elevators started to waggle I’m not sure think it’s looking for satellite signal?

Bricks

Master member
Try rebinding but get your transmitter away from the plane many times if the two are close together you can get what is called a double bind ( multiple reflective signals ). When I bind a receiver I put myself transmitter pointed away from the receiver. between the receiver and transmitter.

Jkt

Have spoken to model shop guy told me that the transmitter setup has to be done first before the gps will lock so will give that a bash

Jkt

I’m trying to allocate switches of my dx7se to the cubs servos I’m taking it that the first four are throttle, rudder, aileron and elevator. The cub manual says in the bnf section that channel 5 should be used for the beginner, intermediate and advanced setting. in the transmitter book l think it says that channel 5 is for gear but I am finding it difficult to find this in the setup and allocate the three position switch to it would be grateful for any suggestions

Jkt

DD93A703-DA14-477F-8915-F6BBF1823C64.jpeg

Bricks

Master member
I do not have a DX7e do you have a channel outputs page? If so this is where you set your 3 position switch that you want to use in the gear channel, click on channel 5 ( gear ) toggle or scroll to choose the switch you want to use. click again. Once done the channel 5 should show switch instead of gear. At least my DX9 is this way.

Jkt

I think it’s an older mohel than yours ?

Attachments

• E2A03167-F816-4F34-AACF-7F7577185165.jpeg
    E2A03167-F816-4F34-AACF-7F7577185165.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

Jkt

Does anyone know if it’s possible to assign channel 5, gear channel, on the dx7se to a three position switch?

Bricks

Master member
Found this for you should help, and a link to the entire thread.

DX7 - how to program the switches freely? - RC Groups

Took me a while to dig out my DX7, find a battery for it and refresh my memory on how it was programmed but at the end managed to get it to work with the 3-position switch controlling channel 5 and the 2-position GEAR switch controlling channel 6. You have to follow this:

1. First you need to go to the SYSTEM MENU - with the transmitter turned off press down and hold the DOWN and SELECT buttons while turning on the power.

2. Go to [INPUT SELECT] :

2.1. Change AUX2: to 3P SW and AUX2 TRIM: to INH. This will be used to mix the AUX2 channel (ch. 7) to channel 5 (GEAR) so you can use the 3-position switch to control it.

2.2. Change FLAP: to INH and FLAP TRIM: to INH - this is needed to disable any controls on channel 6 (FLAP) as you can not select directly a 2-position switch to control it. We'll do that with a mix from the GEAR switch further down in step 5.

3. Press DOWN and SELECT at the same time to get to the main transmitter screen.

4. Press DOWN and SELECT again to get into the main adjustment menu.

5. Go to [PROG.MIX1] and enable it by pressing either the INCREASEor DECREASE button.

5.1. On the second line change the master control (to the left of the arrow) to GEAR.

5.2. Also on the second line of the menu change the slave channel (to the right of the arrow) to FLAP. Use the SELECT button to scroll through the fields inside the mix menu.

5.3. Scroll to RATE: and flip the GEAR switch in one position, then change the active rate value to +100%; flip the GEAR switch in the other direction - the arrow in rate will move to the other value - change that one also to +100%.

5.4. Make sure that SW: is set to ON and OFFSET: is at 0. If they are not change them to those values.

What we achieved in step 5 is to make the GEAR switch (2-position) control the FLAP channel 6.

6. Go to [PROG.MIX2] and enable it - navigating through all PROG.MIXes is identical so I will skip describing which buttons to use - check that in step 5.

6.1. Change the master control on line 2 to the left of the arrow to GEAR.

6.2. Change the slave channel on line 2 to the right of the arrow to GEAR which is channel 5.

6.3. Enter -100% for BOTH values of RATE: - remember you will need to flip the GEAR switch to select one of the values then the other one in the same manner as in step 5.2.

6.4. Make sure SW: is set to ON and OFFSET: to 0 and if not change them accordingly.

The mix in step 6 disables the 2-position GEAR switch from controlling the GEAR channel 5 because we want channel 5 (GEAR) to be controlled by the 3-position switch instead.

7. Go to [PROG.MIX3] and enable it.

7.1. Change the master control to the left of the arrow on line 2 to AUX2.

7.2. Change the slave channel to the right of the arrow on line 2 to GEAR.

7.3. Change both RATE: values to +100% - this time you will have to flip the 3-position switch to select each rate value so you can change it.

7.4. Make sure SW: is set to ON and OFFSET: to 0 and if not change them to those values.

What we achieved in step 7 is to use the 3-position switch to control the GEAR channel 5.

8. Go to the servo monitor screen and confirm that the switches are operating channels 5 and 6 as desired. If necessary reverse channel 5 (GEAR) and/or channel 6 (FLAP).

That's it! Enjoy your DX7!

Ivan

Jkt

Found this for you should help, and a link to the entire thread.

DX7 - how to program the switches freely? - RC Groups

Took me a while to dig out my DX7, find a battery for it and refresh my memory on how it was programmed but at the end managed to get it to work with the 3-position switch controlling channel 5 and the 2-position GEAR switch controlling channel 6. You have to follow this:

1. First you need to go to the SYSTEM MENU - with the transmitter turned off press down and hold the DOWN and SELECT buttons while turning on the power.

2. Go to [INPUT SELECT] :

2.1. Change AUX2: to 3P SW and AUX2 TRIM: to INH. This will be used to mix the AUX2 channel (ch. 7) to channel 5 (GEAR) so you can use the 3-position switch to control it.

2.2. Change FLAP: to INH and FLAP TRIM: to INH - this is needed to disable any controls on channel 6 (FLAP) as you can not select directly a 2-position switch to control it. We'll do that with a mix from the GEAR switch further down in step 5.

3. Press DOWN and SELECT at the same time to get to the main transmitter screen.

4. Press DOWN and SELECT again to get into the main adjustment menu.

5. Go to [PROG.MIX1] and enable it by pressing either the INCREASEor DECREASE button.

5.1. On the second line change the master control (to the left of the arrow) to GEAR.

5.2. Also on the second line of the menu change the slave channel (to the right of the arrow) to FLAP. Use the SELECT button to scroll through the fields inside the mix menu.

5.3. Scroll to RATE: and flip the GEAR switch in one position, then change the active rate value to +100%; flip the GEAR switch in the other direction - the arrow in rate will move to the other value - change that one also to +100%.

5.4. Make sure that SW: is set to ON and OFFSET: is at 0. If they are not change them to those values.

What we achieved in step 5 is to make the GEAR switch (2-position) control the FLAP channel 6.

6. Go to [PROG.MIX2] and enable it - navigating through all PROG.MIXes is identical so I will skip describing which buttons to use - check that in step 5.

6.1. Change the master control on line 2 to the left of the arrow to GEAR.

6.2. Change the slave channel on line 2 to the right of the arrow to GEAR which is channel 5.

6.3. Enter -100% for BOTH values of RATE: - remember you will need to flip the GEAR switch to select one of the values then the other one in the same manner as in step 5.2.

6.4. Make sure SW: is set to ON and OFFSET: to 0 and if not change them accordingly.

The mix in step 6 disables the 2-position GEAR switch from controlling the GEAR channel 5 because we want channel 5 (GEAR) to be controlled by the 3-position switch instead.

7. Go to [PROG.MIX3] and enable it.

7.1. Change the master control to the left of the arrow on line 2 to AUX2.

7.2. Change the slave channel to the right of the arrow on line 2 to GEAR.

7.3. Change both RATE: values to +100% - this time you will have to flip the 3-position switch to select each rate value so you can change it.

7.4. Make sure SW: is set to ON and OFFSET: to 0 and if not change them to those values.

What we achieved in step 7 is to use the 3-position switch to control the GEAR channel 5.

8. Go to the servo monitor screen and confirm that the switches are operating channels 5 and 6 as desired. If necessary reverse channel 5 (GEAR) and/or channel 6 (FLAP).

That's it! Enjoy your DX7!

Ivan
Many Thanks for your help

Jkt

Just curious to know if it would be possible to replace two position switch for the channel 5 gear position with a 3 way switch? On the dx7se