Carbon cub s+

Jkt

Yes I know and have set my transmitter up as you suggested and it works fine I was just curious to know if it was also possible to remove the 2 position switch and replace it with a 3 position switch

Jkt

Are you talking physically if so no.
Yes I was interested to know if I would be possible to replace the 2 p/s for a 3 p/s so that in the future I would still be able to use the 3 p/s switch for flaps instead of flight mode

Bricks

Master member
I suppose I would be able to use the Aux2 switch

You should be able to assign any switch to any channel whether a 2 position switch or 3. Do you have more then one 3 position switch? Any sliders or rotary knobs?

Jkt

My aux 2 switch is only a 2 position switch so if I set that one for flaps, in the future, they would have to be fully down or off or what ever position by limiting servo travel

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
No, unfortunately you cannot just swap out a 2 position switch for a 3 position switch on the transmitter. The board inside the transmitter will not recognize it.

It’s like putting a 3 way bulb into a light socket that only has an on/off switch - flipping the switch does not make it light up with a lower power because the circuit only has an on/off function.

Bricks

Master member
Not sure if you can do this on the DX7 but my DX9 I can actually do a mix of switches, I can take a 2 Position switch and mix it too a 3 position switch so I can get 6 positions or to any other switch ., slider or rotary knob.

If you can mix 2 2 position switches that would give 3 position for your flaps, flip switch first 2 position would give % of flaps then 2nd 2 postion switch would give another 2 position % of flaps.

Jkt

Have followed mixing instructions and now have three flight modes on three p/s when I tried to set the home position by pressing the bind button a
The control surfaces did not waggle but when I pressed the bind button when I was flying the cub it activated the holding pattern and the geo fence worked to but when I pressed the bind button for three seconds to activate the auto land nothing happened any suggestions? The plane was a joy to fly brilliant

Attachments

• E0446C89-88FD-40C6-AF38-3BD44F4C9E67.jpeg
    E0446C89-88FD-40C6-AF38-3BD44F4C9E67.jpeg
    8.9 KB · Views: 0