Curtiss P-36 Hawk 75

Curtiss P-36 Hawk 75 1.0

Please log in to download

bwarz

Master member
bwarz submitted a new resource:

Curtiss P-36 Hawk 75 - Sorta mini but runs a bit heavy for its size!

weight no battery 315g
wingspan 29.5" (750mm)
length 21.25" (540mm)
motor 2208 1350kv
prop 7x5E
cg (so far) 40mm back from leading edge

From wikipedia:
==========================================================
The Curtiss P-36 Hawk, also known as the Curtiss Hawk Model 75, is an American-designed and built fighter aircraft of the 1930s and 40s. A contemporary of both the Hawker Hurricane and Messerschmitt Bf 109, it was one of the first of a new generation of combat aircraft—a sleek...

Read more about this resource...

bwarz

Master member
So as I go about reviewing the plans and making some minor updates, I now recall that I've got two slightly different build designs regarding the cowl area that I want to detail. The plans show some formers labeled V1 and V2, a section of the front power pod housing that denotes 'remove for V2' on two slots, and a section of the front of the fuselage that shows 'remove for V2' as well. These were in an effort to make the installation of the power pod housing more accurate. If you get to cutting and building before I get a build video up and you have any questions, please feel free to post here or PM me!

bwarz

Master member
does it use a F pack?
An F pack might pull it off? I checked with other FT plans using the F pack and this is a little heavier - with the 5g servos of the F pack it will likely come in around 310g vs the 270g of the new FT corsair. Actually as I think about it, my ESC and motor would be a touch heavier than the F pack parts as well. It flew with more than enough power with my 2208 1350kV in it and cruised comfortably at half power. While I can't promise anything as I don't have one to test, I'd be comfortable saying that it would do well with an F pack.

Welcome to the forums BTW!:D

Jesse Dupreez

An F pack might pull it off? I checked with other FT plans using the F pack and this is a little heavier - with the 5g servos of the F pack it will likely come in around 310g vs the 270g of the new FT corsair. Actually as I think about it, my ESC and motor would be a touch heavier than the F pack parts as well. It flew with more than enough power with my 2208 1350kV in it and cruised comfortably at half power. While I can't promise anything as I don't have one to test, I'd be comfortable saying that it would do well with an F pack.

Welcome to the forums BTW!:D
i think it will work becurs my home made foam is half the whaite as it is ment to be:love: