Custom Installing Retracts

themajik1

Monkey/Bear Poker
Mentor
Great episode guys! I will have to give Josh S a +1 as well for flying and +1 for the landing. Wish some of my early landings were that good!

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
:applause::applause::applause: I thoroughly enjoyed that episode and there's a lot of reasons why.

First off, that's a fantastic plane. I have a friend with the grey one and it's amazing.

Second, that's a great mod that everyone can get into. I really like the look of it and retracts are just cool. They really add to the scale appeal of a good looking plane.

Third I really liked the detailed how to section with lots of information and close ups. The online plans are such a great idea. I would rush to put these on mine if I had one.

Fourth, David was HILARIOUS!!!!

Fifth, it was great to see Josh Scott fly. I know everyone has been asking for it. He did pretty well. I also liked that you used a buddy box. Some people are hesitant to try a buddy box or don't even know about it. Plus this video showed how quickly the trainer can take over and save the flight. That's a good confidence builder knowing that you have backup. It was a good flight that really showed us how far Josh Scott has progressed.

Finally, it seemed to me like Josh Scott had a renewed interest. He was a lot more into the show, participated more and seemed like he just couldn't wait to get out there and fly it. He was very much the equal presenter. I got the feeling in other episodes that he was getting tired of standing by and watching. Bixler also seemed to really enjoy the flight as much as Josh Scott did. I really enjoy helping new pilots enjoy the hobby, almost as much as I do flying myself. Being on the buddy box with a noob is thrilling. You are ready to take over any second, but you're rooting for them the whole time. I sensed that in Bixler.

I really enjoyed that episode. Congratulations and thanks.

Mr.RCguy

Mr.RCguy
LOL! Parkzone must feel pretty stupid now that you guys put in retracts. That works really good! Can't wait for the build!

AzHeat

T-28 Retracts Install

I also have a T-28 Trojan and would like to put the retracts on it. Would anyone have a templete for the wheel wells that would make it easier to folllow, before I start hacking up the wing? The guys had mentioned that there would be one available on their web site, but I can't find it. Thanks for any help.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I also have a T-28 Trojan and would like to put the retracts on it. Would anyone have a templete for the wheel wells that would make it easier to folllow, before I start hacking up the wing? The guys had mentioned that there would be one available on their web site, but I can't find it. Thanks for any help.

I can't find the pattern, but here's how FliteTest did theirs:

http://flitetest.com/articles/custom-installing-retracts

quailcreek

Removing the LG struts

I have a simple question for J & J. How did you remove the landing gear mounting strut without mangling the wing? Brute force, heat, do I need the secret squeril decoder ring?

Thanks,
Tom