"Dead-Stick" Challenge!

Are you in?

• Total voters

mastermalpass

Elite member
Helpipe Delta has joined the game:

1608040932483.png

This Sub-250 Parkjet is 50cm long by 50cm wide. A nice 1:1 ratio. Being the UK, I am going to be playing in the 'Sub 400ft' tier, but seeing as the CAA seem to trust that we do that by eye, I might exceed it - dunno. All I do know is I can only go so high before I lose orientation on it. It's gonna go up, probably reach ceiling before 10 seconds then we'll see how long it can glide around in that space before touching down. Another strength in this design, is the prop's ability to hide in-line with the wing plate.

The question is, do I remove the underbelly, which is only held on with tape? The literal halfpipe underbelly serves as a prop-guard and carries the benefit of being a drag-inducer, which for this competition isn't so much of a benefit. But it also provides a bit of extra wing area... Also, I've never flown any of these Halfpipe models without their Halfpipe underbelly. So that could be interesting.

1608041210609.png

What's the rule on multi wings? Not allowed, because they extend the total wing area, or allowed because they induce more drag than the added lift is worth.

I'm not expecting this plane to be a winner, what with people building dedicated competitors and that my idea of using a rocket has already been considered (someone suggested the versa wing, I was gonna suggest turning a versa wing into an Me-163 so that it may qualify and using rockets for power like the real one did). But I am curious to see where it lands on the scoreboard. And seeing as it already qualifies, it might as well join the game! :D