• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Deadcat Frame Angles

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
Hi all, when I return from college in December I am hoping to build a deadcat style quad frame. I have experience with the classic X-configuration, but now I want more space for my camera gimbal mounted out front. My question is: what are the angles between the arms on a deadcat style frame. I know the back arms are 90 degrees apart, but what about the front arms in relation to eachother and the back. Also, would I need to modify the code for my multiwii pro since its no longer in the x-configuration?

Thanks!
-Sam

joshuabardwell

Mentor
You don't have to change the motor mixes for the spider X config. The standard X mix will work okay. But in my experience, the correct mix flies better. See here for more info:

http://forum.flitetest.com/showthre...rameters-for-Electrohub-spider-quad-w-MW-Flip

If you don't want to use custom motor mixes, build a spider-style quad, but shorten the front booms or extend the rear booms so that the motors are in a square configuration. Then place the FC and the CG at the center of that square. Then a standard X config will be 100% correct, without any code changes.

Last edited:

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
Thanks Joshua this will help a ton with my frame design as wells as my understanding of the deadcat configuration.