Solved Designing My De Haviland Mosquito

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
Well, if you make a slide to secure it, air pushing on the nose should hold it to the fuselage just fine.

Yep - as long as your not flying backwards it should stay put. If you look about half way down this build post for the C-130 you can see that the nose section is just an interference fit onto the fuse.

My only immediate concern with you using the nose hatch approach would be if you had to put the battery all the way to the front of the nose to balance the plane correctly. In this case, an interference fit nose would need to have its supports extend well back into the plane to make sure that the nose (which would be carrying a lot of weight) doesn't come off. I think a hatch at the top that incorporates the canopy will work well for this design.

DamoRC

CatholicFlyer

Yep - as long as your not flying backwards it should stay put. If you look about half way down this build post for the C-130 you can see that the nose section is just an interference fit onto the fuse.

My only immediate concern with you using the nose hatch approach would be if you had to put the battery all the way to the front of the nose to balance the plane correctly. In this case, an interference fit nose would need to have its supports extend well back into the plane to make sure that the nose (which would be carrying a lot of weight) doesn't come off. I think a hatch at the top that incorporates the canopy will work well for this design.

DamoRC
thanks

CatholicFlyer

so the cockpit will be the hatch, thinking four lolly pop sticks: | |

| |

Which will look like that, have it held in tight, but when needing to pull the batteries to charge, then will do that. what hooks did the Goblin have to hold the sticks in place?

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
so the cockpit will be the hatch, thinking four lolly pop sticks: | |

| |

Which will look like that, have it held in tight, but when needing to pull the batteries to charge, then will do that. what hooks did the Goblin have to hold the sticks in place?
Sorry - but "four lolly pop sticks" followed by four lines is not something I can visualize - do you have any drawings or sketches of this?

I haven't looked at the Goblin build yet but I presume in the build video they show you how this is done?

DamoRC

CatholicFlyer

Sorry - but "four lolly pop sticks" followed by four lines is not something I can visualize - do you have any drawings or sketches of this?

I haven't looked at the Goblin build yet but I presume in the build video they show you how this is done?

DamoRC
have not found the video yet. if u do, please share

Bo123

Elite member
There are numerous ways to accomplish it. You might create a profile similar to the FT Vector where the profile from the side is preserved. Another option is to mould it from solid foam. Alternately, you could model it in 3D and then unwrap it (I'm not sure how to do this, but @Mid7night and many others do it). The Ft Sea Duck can also serve as an influence.
Reported

Tjhony

There are many different methods to do it. You may design a profile that preserves the profile from the side, like the FT Vector. Making it out of solid foam is an additional option. A different option would be to model it in 3D before unwrapping it (I'm not sure how to accomplish this, but @Mid7night and many others do it). Another factor to consider is the Ft Sea Duck.