Edgewater Air Park (UPDATE)

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Hola entomomático!

I have no answer for your question but rather more questions... Eres tú un entomomafilo o si no a que referee? En que parte de España vuelas? Cuanto tiempo llevas en el hobby y como entraste en ello?

Sobre los premios, creo que algunos ya estan recibiendo poco a poco. Sigue preguntando si no viene.

Bienvenido al foro!
—Jim

Planiac01

Hola entomomático!

I have no answer for your question but rather more questions... Eres tú un entomomafilo o si no a que referee? En que parte de España vuelas? Cuanto tiempo llevas en el hobby y como entraste en ello?

Sobre los premios, creo que algunos ya estan recibiendo poco a poco. Sigue preguntando si no viene.

Bienvenido al foro!
—Jim
Si, bienvenidos! Siempre he querido estudiar en universidad en España, pero me gustaria traer mis aviones. Es facil a construir y volar alli? Son los partes muy caro o no?

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Yo vivía en España pero ya no. Tengo mucha familia alli. Hay algunos aquí en el foro en España de lo que recuerdo es posible. Haz una búsqueda de "España" y mira lo que sale y veras lo que han dicho ya y quien lo dijo.

entomomatico

(I gonna reply you in english, so these way all can understand what are we talking about)

Hola entomomático!

Bienvenido al foro!
—Jim

Hi Jim. No, I just like all kind of animals(insects are my favourites one), and I like computer science. So I stuck together two parts of those words in Spanish. I usually fly in a south Madrid town, outside a big park over a wheat field. And I entered this hobby about 2 years ago, with my toy dron and after that I build my own quadcopter.

Si, bienvenidos! Siempre he querido estudiar en universidad en España, pero me gustaria traer mis aviones. Es facil a construir y volar alli? Son los partes muy caro o no?

Hi Planiac01. The spanish colleges are great, so I encourage you to search info about them(Complutense de Madrid, Politécnica de Madrid, Universidad de Salamanca,...). The parts are a little bit expensive, and the variety is not the greatest, but still, here are some online stores that have competitive prices. The theme "Location where you can fly" is a little tricky here in Madrid(airport, air military bases), but in the country there are very long fields where there are no problems to fly.

entomomatico

Still nothing. No notice about my perks. I've tried all methods to contact them, but I have no response. Anyone who knows how can I reach them to ask for info of my shipment?

flyfree

You could try here:
https://www.flitetest.com/pages/contact-other
They'd need to know the ID used on Indiegogo so that they can match up your contribution to you.

I received mine a couple months ago, out of the blue. (There was no notice, it just showed up.)

FT Legacy Plane - Built as a twin EDF. Haven't maidened it yet.
Hat, T-shirt, Coin, FF Tickets (that I wasn't able to use).

Really looking forward to the campground, once they create it.

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
ya, im not really sure how they figure this has been fair. some people have had their airplane/stuff since before FF, some of still haven't seen it. in my opinion they should not have sent any out until all could go out. i think they were in a rush to make a "video" at FF and that was it. at this point i have just stopped even thinking about it. i guess/hope one of these days i will find a big box outside my door.

laters,

me :cool:

Seahunter

I finally received mine a couple of weeks ago. Before it was shipped I had to verify my level of contribution and my shipping address. This was done via e-mail with Jen. If you consider how many must have contributed, the work to sort it all out must be staggering! There was a delay caused by a problem with the laser cutting machines and although it is taking so long to receive the perks, wasn't the object of it all to get our FT home established and be a part of founding the first airpark dedicated to flight and our modeling hobbies and interests, and not just to receive perks? Hang in there and they will eventually get to you. I'm still amazed at the response our FT community gave to this funding drive and I am personally setting some back for the next fund drive so we can GITTER DONE!:giggle: We need to get a thread started to post our ideas and pictures for the Legacy build and how we each finished ours. Would be nice at the end of the thread for someone to post all the pictures to a FT Legacy album under media so we can all enjoy looking at them. Thanks Guys!!!

entomomatico

You could try here:
https://www.flitetest.com/pages/contact-other
They'd need to know the ID used on Indiegogo so that they can match up your contribution to you.

I received mine a couple months ago, out of the blue. (There was no notice, it just showed up.)

FT Legacy Plane - Built as a twin EDF. Haven't maidened it yet.
Hat, T-shirt, Coin, FF Tickets (that I wasn't able to use).

Really looking forward to the campground, once they create it.
Thank you, I'll try that method.

entomomatico

I finally received mine a couple of weeks ago. Before it was shipped I had to verify my level of contribution and my shipping address. This was done via e-mail with Jen. If you consider how many must have contributed, the work to sort it all out must be staggering! There was a delay caused by a problem with the laser cutting machines and although it is taking so long to receive the perks, wasn't the object of it all to get our FT home established and be a part of founding the first airpark dedicated to flight and our modeling hobbies and interests, and not just to receive perks? Hang in there and they will eventually get to you. I'm still amazed at the response our FT community gave to this funding drive and I am personally setting some back for the next fund drive so we can GITTER DONE!:giggle: We need to get a thread started to post our ideas and pictures for the Legacy build and how we each finished ours. Would be nice at the end of the thread for someone to post all the pictures to a FT Legacy album under media so we can all enjoy looking at them. Thanks Guys!!!
Yes and no hahaha. I wanted to contribute in order to grateful their amazing job. But the amount of contribution was for the perks included(in my case: hat, t-shirt and coin). And I understand that this has to be staggering, but I only want to know if there is any problem or not.

Seahunter

Yes and no hahaha. I wanted to contribute in order to grateful their amazing job. But the amount of contribution was for the perks included(in my case: hat, t-shirt and coin). And I understand that this has to be staggering, but I only want to know if there is any problem or not.

I have really no concept of what it must be like to sit down to my computer and provide answers to all the questions and inquiries we send in in our e-mails to FT support. I personally have had to wait several days for my case number to come up several times in the past, but have always been pleased with the final outcome. See if you can get your Indiegogo ID number as mentioned by flyfree and provide it in a new support request along with a verification of your shipping address. You are gonna like those perks!

Captain Video

Hi Flite Testers!
I just got an email talking about their new digs. It is mentioned that they would be ready to have folks visit and fly. I would like more details so I can take a road trip perhaps before Flite Fest 2019.

BorisTheSpider

Hi Flite Testers!
I just got an email talking about their new digs. It is mentioned that they would be ready to have folks visit and fly. I would like more details so I can take a road trip perhaps before Flite Fest 2019.

Go to the website, read the rules, fill out the waiver, and pull out a plane. They have a runway up right in front of the clubhouse. I stopped out this evening to burn a few batteries. It was beautiful.

BorisTheSpider

Which website did you find that on? I couldn't find it on FT, nor in the recent update email. Thanks.

Officially, from the Edgewater Airpark Founders Facebook group. Just looking at the email again, though, it's weird that it's not showing up. The email has a subject of "Edgewater Updates" but then a sub-subject line of "Edgewater is officially open for FT community members to come and fly on the first runway". Weirdly, that doesn't show up in the body of the email. But go to the website - http://edgewaterairpark.com/ - read the rules, fill out the waiver, and fly.

Wait, I found it in the email...
A huge first step in this new beginning for Flite Test has occurred in the past month. Renovations inside what used to be the Golf Club house have been completed and the FT Team has not only moved in, but they also have laid down the first of many flight lines right in front of their new homes. Not only will this allow for bigger and sketchier airplanes to be flown in the videos, but more importantly, this means that Edgewater is officially open for FT community members to come and fly on the first runway.

Last edited: