EZ Pack Plans Index

Buckeye95

My kids and I have been having a blast with these planes. I saw the jet pictured below on the Flitetest STEM page, but have not seen any other references or plans for it.

Flitetest Jet.jpg

Is anyone aware if this is a model with plans available?

Pete

GrizWiz

Elite member
My kids and I have been having a blast with these planes. I saw the jet pictured below on the Flitetest STEM page, but have not seen any other references or plans for it.

View attachment 207291

Pete
Unfortunately FliteTest does not give out plans for free anymore. FliteTest also never releases plans for stem designs, that is why I made this plans index for people to find planes to build.

Buckeye95

Thanks GrizWiz.

I bought the EZ basic jets, so I would be willing to buy if necessary (I was not sure if the picture was even a FT design).

I can understand them not giving out their designs for free (that's why I bought the EZ pack to start), but it seems strange they would keep certain plans in-house.

UPDATE - I did some more searching, and it looks like this is a custom design made by one of the students as a demo for the STEM class (https://www.ftstem.com/lessons/show/573). It also is a 3-channel system using the extra servo for the elevator, which would make it an interesting project.

Nonetheless, I still think it is a cool design, Reminds me of some fo the cartoon profile planes that are somewhat popular on RCGroups.

Last edited:

Marzipan

View attachment 207291

Pete

what jet is that supposed to be? I've been having a lot of brain farts lately...but it sorta looks like an F-18 crossed with an F-35.

I'd love to make a chuck glider of it as well.

Buckeye95

what jet is that supposed to be? I've been having a lot of brain farts lately...but it sorta looks like an F-18 crossed with an F-35.

I'd love to make a chuck glider of it as well.

If you look at the link in the last post above, it gives a description of how they came up with the Franken-plane. It was part of the design portion of the STEM course, and it involved the student modifying the original Raptor design to be an F/A-18. Here is the quote from the presentation:

"Using Autodesk and the EZ Designs CAD Template attached to this lesson, Grant begins redesigning the F-22 chuck glider to take on the shape of the F-18. "

Scotto

Elite member
Hi guys. Love this thread. It should probly be a sticky. I just got an EZ pack a while ago and made Agent Cs Bronco. It is fantastic. It kinda pained me to take the electronics out for the next plane :D. These little planes are alot of fun. Ive got a little son and he likes Disneys Planes almost as much as me I think so I wanted to make a little Dusty. I left all the paper on. It flies pretty good not as stable as the Bronco probly but still fun. The airfoil gauges are intended to be tacked to the table while you glue the crease with the wing upside down. Then use the other gauge for dihedral, and the backside of it works to check it in the fuse. Please ignore my sharpie paint job here. I didnt expect it to actually fly!

Attachments

• EZDusty.pdf
    16.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20210928_101406.jpg
    20210928_101406.jpg
    874.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20210928_101514.jpg
    20210928_101514.jpg
    907.6 KB · Views: 0

Buckeye95

Hi guys. Love this thread. It should probly be a sticky. I just got an EZ pack a while ago and made Agent Cs Bronco. It is fantastic. It kinda pained me to take the electronics out for the next plane :D. These little planes are alot of fun. Ive got a little son and he likes Disneys Planes almost as much as me I think so I wanted to make a little Dusty. I left all the paper on. It flies pretty good not as stable as the Bronco probly but still fun. The airfoil gauges are intended to be tacked to the table while you glue the crease with the wing upside down. Then use the other gauge for dihedral, and the backside of it works to check it in the fuse. Please ignore my sharpie paint job here. I didnt expect it to actually fly!

Looks awesome - will need to add this one to the list!

Scotto

Elite member
Looks awesome - will need to add this one to the list!
Thanks. I flew it again today and messed with the elevator. A little bit goes a long way. Got really lucky to get the incidence right the first time lol. Battery all the way forward and high rates btw.

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
I have become fascinated by FT EZ packs. What is the largest weight/wingspan that someone has attached an EZ Pack to?

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
Dang. I was working on a minor project in my spare time. Looks like I might have to downsize it. Sheet size would be 24X36. Wingspan around 20.8" as is.
View attachment 209181

Too big? All advice is welcome.

That looks awesome! So far, I've noticed all the EZ's I've designed (that fly well), can fit no less than 2 to a single 20x30 sheet.

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
That looks awesome! So far, I've noticed all the EZ's I've designed (that fly well), can fit no less than 2 to a single 20x30 sheet.

Technically, if I was only doing the airframe with no skins, I could probably get it on a half sheet. Barring that, what do you think? 1/3 or 1/2 the size?