F-86 Sabre 70mm EDF

6 channel (flaps and retracts) 1500kv 6s powered and covered in aluminum. I’m painting it this weekend then plan on flying soon.

Attachments

• C550F9BE-4F64-4B96-A1B2-B20B48360F9C.jpeg
    C550F9BE-4F64-4B96-A1B2-B20B48360F9C.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 42A125A3-283D-4B5A-9A33-97F744DB0DC5.jpeg
    42A125A3-283D-4B5A-9A33-97F744DB0DC5.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 92D8DB3A-AB85-4A30-B479-A69D6EEE3D87.jpeg
    92D8DB3A-AB85-4A30-B479-A69D6EEE3D87.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 4C2E72BA-C5DC-4ECC-97DC-FD02ED95AD52.jpeg
    4C2E72BA-C5DC-4ECC-97DC-FD02ED95AD52.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
if its actually metal, you might have problems with your radio connecting. i wouldnt go to far away.
The receiver isn’t
if its actually metal, you might have problems with your radio connecting. i wouldnt go to far away.
I have heard people who say that there could be problems with aluminum covering but when you read about actual studies on it, the cases where people attribute it to aluminum covering are more likely the victim of RF interference/lack of shielding. I’ve done my research and testing and I am not concerned. Thanks for the heads up though.

leaded50

Legendary member
as long you have tested out your aluminum foil dont interfere signals, no problem.... ive had it, in both rc car and plane.
Alu foil behind antennas help for better signal though.

Zephyr1

Elite member
Jet finished and maidened. 6s 1800kv motor flaps and retracts. Flies pretty well. This is a good design.

Looks great man, I'm really loving the 6S power setup and I'd love to see the retracts in action! I just built a newer version, I've been flying it this weekend and it's a lot better lol

newguy2012

Kind of. So currently I am working with the Hangar RC to get it kitted. That being said, if anyone would like to build it and give me feedback, I would be more then happy to send them some plans.

View attachment 183564
I am working something similar, yours looks great! Any CG info you could share? Looking at yours I need to improve my tail and control surfaces. Appreciate any info.

kilroy07

Legendary member
Kind of. So currently I am working with the Hangar RC to get it kitted. That being said, if anyone would like to build it and give me feedback, I would be more then happy to send them some plans.
Plan on trying this out this weekend, is the PDF on page one the current version for a 70mm fan?

Also, I have a large format laser cutter. PM me if you wish to discuss a limited run of kits (I didn't see anything on the Hangar RC site.)

Zephyr1

Elite member
Plan on trying this out this weekend, is the PDF on page one the current version for a 70mm fan?

Also, I have a large format laser cutter. PM me if you wish to discuss a limited run of kits (I didn't see anything on the Hangar RC site.)

I have updated the plans! They're all ready to cut out! I've also PM'd you!

synjin

Elite member
Cool! As soon as I kill my 125% version of your 50mm F-86 design I'll replace it with this one.

Also, I'm working on the plans for an FJ-1 Fury, but I couldn't figure out how to do the Master Series fuselage with an EDF. Your plans here give me a better idea how to approach it. Thanks!

kilroy07

Legendary member
Ah, I see that now.
Right, it is quite a bit different from what I grabbed earlier.
I think the page count is still valid though. Edit, nope looks like 5 sheets/plane now.

I'll look into making the cut files tonight.

DrthVdr

Jet finished and maidened. 6s 1800kv motor flaps and retracts. Flies pretty well. This is a good design.

Any chance you could post a pic of the retracts please and maybe a pic looking down the intake tube id like to see the formers?

Last edited:

DrthVdr

1) What is this piece for and where does it go?
2)Is there a cross member spar that bridges both wings for strength or do the two halves just get bonded together?
3) EDF placement in the fuselage & how long is the thrust tube? Or is that not important?

Attachments

• 49425A3E-A98B-47DF-A29B-FD59802B775D.jpeg
    49425A3E-A98B-47DF-A29B-FD59802B775D.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0