• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

F-86 Sabre 70mm EDF

Zephyr1

Earlier last year I designed a 50mm F-86 Sabre that some of you are hopefully aware of (found here: F-86 50mm) and it worked really well! It was incredibly fast and maneuverable. But with the onset of the Master Series Corsair, I realized I needed to up my game. And as I was tired of the 3-4min flight times of the smaller Sabre, I decided to make a much larger one. And the flight characteristics are great and all control surfaces are scale. Oh yeah, and I bought some decals from calliegraphics and they look amazing. (There's a MiG-15 teaser as well. Let me know if you guys want me to post plans for it as well.)

Zephyr1 Logo.png
Wingspan: 39in
Length: 38in
Motor: 70mm FMS 12 Blade EDF
ESC: 60A
Battery: 2700mah - 3200mah 4S
Endurance: 5-7min

Video:

Lad.jpg Lad2.jpg
LadMiggy.JPG

Zephyr1 Logo.png
Plans:

Attachments

Last edited:
Awesome..yes please post plans for the Mig-15 my favorite jet. So is the 70mm F-86 build the same as the 50mm version?
Thanks,
-dave

Zephyr1

Awesome..yes please post plans for the Mig-15 my favorite jet. So is the 70mm F-86 build the same as the 50mm version?
Thanks,
-dave
Thanks! Yeah, I think I'm going to wait on the plans for the MiG-15 when I try a similar MiG-17 this week.

No, the 70mm Sabre is different from the 50mm version. The 50mm is boxier and the nose section specifically doesn't come together as well. Additionally the tail is better on 70mm. Hope that helps!