Faradair Beha

leaded50

Legendary member
The BEHA is a hybrid-electric utility aircraft currently under development at Duxford Airfield in Cambridgeshire, UK and the University of Swansea in Wales. BEHA is an acronym for Bio-Electric-Hybrid-Aircraft. The aircraft has evolved from early concept launched in 2014 to an 18 seat FAA part 23 regulation aircraft design that is to be powered by twin Magni500 electric motors developed by MagniX in a contra-rotating pusher propfans ducted fan configuration. The electric motors are to be powered by a Honeywell Turbogenerator running either Sustainable Aviation Fuel or JetA. The aircraft has a Triple Box-wing configuration in all carbon composite construction and is also now supported by Nova Systems in the prototype development, Cambridge Consultants in the hybrid powertrain development.

The company plans to have a prototype completed by 2024 and begin operational trials by 2026.
Triple Box Wing–––Short take-off and landing with 18 passengers
A multi-role asset, BEHA converts from an 18 passenger configuration to cargo in just 15 minutes. Payloads of up to 5 tons, BEHA is an environment-neutral workhorse, maximizing revenue opportunity 24/7.

Hybrid-electric flight provides a cost-effective distributed aviation model, enabling local airfields the ability to offer scheduled and charter flight services to regional towns and cities at a price-point unmatched through traditional major airport hubs.

Well, another unusual plane, my build plannned use a 70mm EDF at rear.with "vectorized"install up/down/left/right.
approx 1000mm wingspan.
Faradair Beha.jpg

Last edited:

Bo123

Elite member
I
The BEHA is a hybrid-electric utility aircraft currently under development at Duxford Airfield in Cambridgeshire, UK and the University of Swansea in Wales. BEHA is an acronym for Bio-Electric-Hybrid-Aircraft. The aircraft has evolved from early concept launched in 2014 to an 18 seat FAA part 23 regulation aircraft design that is to be powered by twin Magni500 electric motors developed by MagniX in a contra-rotating pusher propfans ducted fan configuration. The electric motors are to be powered by a Honeywell Turbogenerator running either Sustainable Aviation Fuel or JetA. The aircraft has a Triple Box-wing configuration in all carbon composite construction and is also now supported by Nova Systems in the prototype development, Cambridge Consultants in the hybrid powertrain development.

The company plans to have a prototype completed by 2024 and begin operational trials by 2026.
A multi-role asset, BEHA converts from an 18 passenger configuration to cargo in just 15 minutes. Payloads of up to 5 tons, BEHA is an environment-neutral workhorse, maximizing revenue opportunity 24/7.

Hybrid-electric flight provides a cost-effective distributed aviation model, enabling local airfields the ability to offer scheduled and charter flight services to regional towns and cities at a price-point unmatched through traditional major airport hubs.

Well, another unusual plane, my build plannned use a 70mm EDF at rear.
approx 1000mm wingspan.
View attachment 221977
I like where this is headed.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member

Well, another unusual plane, my build plannned use a 70mm EDF at rear.with "vectorized"install up/down/left/right.
approx 1000mm wingspan.
View attachment 221977
wow! what a design. you should build the airbus bird of prey next!

FlamingRCAirplanes

Elite member
well..back and back.... im put into a appartment (with nursres running in and out "all time" checking) a time before my appartment where i should live is finished. Im bored, hate this appartment, eg... and found shape was good enough to try build. Changed medicines..
Well glad you well enough to build!

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
sorry enough, the airbus bird of prey cant be builld with wings just in foamboard without glassfiber eg it, to keep that "S" shape.
that's why its the best challenge yet. I really wanted to build one but could find no documentation other than an short video by airbus.

The Fopster

Master member

approx 1000mm wingspan.
View attachment 221977
Another Leaded50 build, which means another obscure full-size I’ve never heard of but which is always fascinating, followed by an amazing build to produce a work of aerospace art. I’ve got my popcorn and coffee, and I’m settling in to enjoy this one. Good luck!

leaded50

Legendary member
wow! what a design. you should build the airbus bird of prey next!
if you can find close to such propellers in 6 to 8" size for differential thrust, i, can build the airbus bird of prey next. Just neeed to research how/ways they move the outer "feathers on the wings, . This plane would never look as special with tri blade props. i can make a mold, an s make the center section of wing, glue the rest together with 2k epoxy all the way for shaping.
The premium arrow body version of Airbus A321-211 have 80 seats... so there are the original to start change in design

Last edited:

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
if you can find close to such propellers in 6 to 8" size for differential thrust, i, can build the airbus bird of prey next. Just neeed to research how/ways they move the outer "feathers on the wings, . This plane would never look as special with tri blade props.
they had outer rotating wingtips I believe. they have a promo video where it is shown