FF15 Question Thread

wittpilot

Just Plane Crazy
Have't seen this addressed anywhere yet but are people allowed to bring small minibikes and/golf carts to scoot around on (slow and safe of course)? Didn't get a chance to make it last year, but I frequently attend SEFF and Nall where it seems to be a neccesity if you don't want to walk 10 miles a day. I know this event isn't the size of those two events but trying to determine if its even worth bringing since it is on my standard event packing list. Most of the time I still walk everywhere anyways, but just wanted to ask so I'm not "that guy".

I don't remember anybody having any golf carts driving around last year. It isn't located in such a place that you would really require something like that. It is all kind of a lot cramped into a semi-small space, at least compared to the other really large events. I think if you brought a cart, you would just find yourself running over people most of the time!! ;) Just my 2 cents... one of the volunteers could better answer it.

-witt

quadsview

Does anyone know if the new T-shirt design will be available for purchase at Flite Fest? View attachment 49879

I think this is what the new T-shirt design is. t mock up 2.jpg

Rigmasterk

Thanks for the replys! Need the exercise anyways. I think by FF2017, at the rate this event has the potential to grow, they may need shuttle buses like Nall

mybad

Is there anyone that would be willing to buddy box with my 7 year old son (with our planes) to help him learn? I am not the best instructor and I think he would listen to a stranger better than he listens to me lol. I have tried and I think he gets too nervous with me.

I have the same interest, although for me it's about my 7 year old grandson.

Yesterday, I buddy-boxed him to my Super Cub on floats and he did pretty well, but I'm no instructor either.

It would be great if there were an area set aside specifically for buddy-box flights with instructors, perhaps with a big sign "LEARN to fly HERE!". It would also be great to try out a couple FT planes this way to decide which you want to build.

We'll be there Thursday morning!

Knight Owl

Pilot's Meeting ?

Is it required for pilots to attend the pilot's meeting at 8:30AM? There will surely be many (like myself?) who haven't yet arrived. Is there another way to get the critical information? We didn't fly last year, and have never flown at an event, so we don't know exactly what the expectations are.

herk1

Trash Hauler emeritus
Well last year the scheduled pilot's meeting never happened, FWIW. The only attempts at bringing a little discipline into the flight line were when Alex would occasionally get on the PA to say that people should be calling out their takeoffs and landings, and not to spend so much time hanging around in the landing area seemingly oblivious to the fact that people need that area to be clear to land their planes in, and so on. But generally, anarchy prevailed.

allenajs

E-Fest tried the individual pilot stations on the flight line for many years but last few they abandoned that for anarchy and it works out pretty well, surprisingly.

So is subdued Anarchy the rule of the day? With or without spotters?

Can't wait!!!

herk1

Trash Hauler emeritus
During the peak late afternoon periods on Friday and Saturday, I wouldn't even call it subdued anarchy...it was rampant anarchy. As in 12 or 13 people flying at once (ignoring the six flight-station signs), all doing their own thing, and no spotters. There were a fair number of midairs, but the amazing thing to me is that there wasn't a midair every five minutes. One of my planes got midaired by another plane, slicing off half a wing of my plane and sending it spinning in to the ground. The ironic thing is that at the time I was flying nice regular, predictable racetrack patterns, trying to watch out for and stay out of the way of other planes...but one fast EDF got me, coming seemingly out of nowhere.

Bottom line: if you have a plane that you really cherish, be careful about when and where you fly it at Flitefest. I spent a good bit of time sitting and waiting for the pattern to thin out to a reasonable number. And sometimes I would give up and go grab my Reactor and head over to the less busy 3D flight line (the Reactor is a 3D plane...even if I'm not a very accomplished 3D RC pilot!).

dharkless

I am in western PA and am planning to drive in for the day on Friday. How are the grounds at FliteFest. Will we be able to park without getting stuck?

CartCurt

I am in western PA and am planning to drive in for the day on Friday. How are the grounds at FliteFest. Will we be able to park without getting stuck?

Sitting here in front of my camper at Flite Fest 2015. Even with all the rain the ground is solid. Should be okay tomorrow. Come on down. :)

Onebladeprop

People in big tv's are getting stuck. I just got turned away for the time being until something gets figured out. :( there is parking at their local football field which is where I'm sitting right now.

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
Just went to print out our tickets from eventbrite since my wife and I are coming tomorrow...but my sister and her family are coming out Saturday with our parents. Only to just now notice that all of the tickets have my name on them.

Is this going to be a problem? I'm guessing checkin will be able to deal with it but want to make sure I don't have to make any last minute calls/corrections tonight or tomorrow morning (not that anyone would be available to deal with them at this point!)

I'm the only one registered as a pilot, all the others are just spectators if that matters.

Rob D

Just went to print out our tickets from eventbrite since my wife and I are coming tomorrow...but my sister and her family are coming out Saturday with our parents. Only to just now notice that all of the tickets have my name on them.

Is this going to be a problem? I'm guessing checkin will be able to deal with it but want to make sure I don't have to make any last minute calls/corrections tonight or tomorrow morning (not that anyone would be available to deal with them at this point!)

I'm the only one registered as a pilot, all the others are just spectators if that matters.
You should be fine just explain others will be coming Saturday and they should be able to leave some spectators not checked in. Just make sure you have them give your name when looking up the spectator registered tickets.

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
That's what I figured. The "late group" have their tickets - they just all have my name on them :D

We're getting a later start than I had hoped today but will hopefully be there by noon still. Can't wait to get on the road but have to wait for my wife and daughter to finish breakfast...eat faster!

Notnewton

Can we still get tickets at the door?

Saturday just opened up for the family and I. Will we be able to get tickets if we drive in tomorrow morning?