• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Pumpkin drop event

first build, nutball? what transmitter?

zev

lumpy member
I would like to say that I am a total noob, I have never flown an RC plane, I have no idea about anything, but I am dying to get into the hobby.

so I am planing on building a nutball, (good place to start?) and I am unsure as to what transmitter to get. I plan on whatever transmitter I buy I will use with my next plane, and the one after that and so on, so I want something of at least a little quality.

at first, I was looking at the HobbyKing hk6s, but I saw that it doesn't accept multiple model storage. is that really a killer feature? or could you live with out it? is it hard to move receiver from plane to plane? after that I started looking at the Tunigy 6xs it can hold up to 6 models (should be enough for a little while :rolleyes:) but I noticed that it doesn't seem to come with a bind plug? (it is not in any of the pictures, nor is it advertised) if so how do I bind it? what transmitter (of these two, or any others) do you recommend? I would like to spend <$50 but if there is some killer feature on a $60 one, I think that I could be persuaded to nudge my price point a bit ;)

one last thing. and about all the other electronics of the build, I am a little worried that I will have no idea what to do with the stuff when it comes. when I get the motor, ESC, battery and servos in the mail, is there some sort of diagram for putting them all together?

thank y'all lovely folks at flite test.
zev